What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by cberg, May 23, 2016.

1. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Until what episode did you watch? It's all about the athletes in the end. I can see how people can get lost if it get's more technical, but I don't really have a problem with that.

Maybe that's because Chihayafuru and March Comes in Like a lion are about the characters as humans. While Ping Pong is more about the characters as athletes.

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Kamen no maid guy is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Only two episodes in and its cracked my top ten ecchi comedy list. Though i dont actually have that list written anywhere and id have to think about it for awhile....

Man this is super zany. Its not highschool dxd or kampfer or ikkitousen or sekeri or to love ru but man its something special :D i was laughing so hard with this one. I cant wait to burn through this series.

3. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Well I'm on episode 11 (maybe 12) and I'm still in one piece

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Its 22 episodes.

Feel the pain you will.

5. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

6. wesleyv1

Two anime removed and I'm still intact

Currently watching glitter force (don't judge me) and the best way i can describe it is sailormoon meets akb0048. I'm almost done with season one and i like it, it's not too serious but fairly balanced. Magical girl fans should definitely check it out

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ah well i tried.

Hmmm glitter force sounds intriguing. I loved akb0048.

8. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

I finished Dies Irae (4/10) and Gun x Sword (6/10) last night, so now I'm watching Basilisk and Full Metal Panic. Both are decent so far. Can't form my opinion of them yet.

Also, Gintama's Silver Soul arc is both epic and hilarious at the same time. Very excited to see how it all unfolds.

#508 StrawHats, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I am currently 53 episodes into Dragon Ball Kai. I'm coming up on the end of the Frieza saga, which has been a lot better than I remembered - although it has been super long, even in this form. The Cell Saga is coming up pretty soon and I can't wait. That is definitively my favorite part of the original series. Before that, we've got the Androids Saga, which I don't remember super well, other than what bleeds over into later parts of the series.

Kai has been great. The original has a lot of filler, which doesn't really bother me, but it's just unrealistic to expect someone to watch nearly 300 episodes of a single series. Unfortunately, with the cuts, you lose a lot of the comedy episodes - like the one where the dead Z-Fighters are training with King Kai, which is fantastic - when it goes for it Dragon Ball has some of the best humor across that anime subsection.

I've noticed that thus far we've had five different iterations of "Dragon Soul", the theme song, and I think the first was one of, if not the best of all of these recordings. Really odd decision.

#509 Novaire, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  10. wesleyv1

Watching beginning on netflix. It's a crime drama type with an overarching story playing out in the background which i haven't quite figured out yet. Not sure how i feel about this one right now

11. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I've started watching Mahoutsukai no Yome. I've been loving it, gonna finish it very soon. It has the occasional shounen eye roll type scene, but I don't really mind that much.

Also, did anybody realize how much petting occurs in this anime? Chise is being petted at least 3 times every episode, not even counting the other characters that get petted.

12. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Black Clover is the zenith of cliche shonen, but I'm a sucker for shonen so I'll continue to watch. Slowly kill myself.

13. wesleyv1

Watching swordgai on netflix. It's pretty cool, all these ancient weapons (mostly swords) get absorbed by people which eventually drives them insane with bloodlust. I'm hoping it turns into a battle royale

14. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Still watching Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody, on ep 12 already, and I still don't know what to make of this. It's one of those " stuck in a game " shows like Log Horizon and others, but it doesn't seem to know what it should be. The mc that uses the name Satou in this game world started with very little, but seems to fairly easily gain power ups, skills, awards and other useful items since he was a game programmer/debugger in real life. Yet we are 12 eps in and have not seen another gamer in this world. There are other people here from the outside world, but they came by different means. The whole thing seems to be a mishmash with no real direction, although we have a potential love interest between Satou and a princess in this world, yet he is currently on a quest to safely return an Elf princess to her homeland while he has also inadvertently acquired a number of slaves ( female, did I say they were female slaves ? ) due to various actions he has undertaken. So now he has a quest, a harem and a love interest back in the original town he started at. Oh, and he'll have about a half dozen more slaves ( female ) that he acquired in battle that are currently off on a quest of their own but will soon return. Yoda, are you paying attention here? I don't know, it's like a train wreck now, I can't stop watching.

15. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

OMFG!!!

I know what this show actually is!

[​IMG]

;)

16. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Using my day off to watch some classic anime:

[​IMG]

17. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Currently watching Library War, an all but forgotten Noitamina show from the mid-2000s. It's a real shame too because it's really good. It was put together by Production I.G. and even more interestingly it was the debut work of genius composer Yugo Kanno who'd go on to score anime such as Psycho Pass, Ajin and Blame. The story is set in a world where all works of fiction are rigorously censored and it follows a 22 year old girl as she joins the Library Defense Force. A para-military organisation whose job it is to protect these works from being confiscated. It's a compelling premise reminicent of Fahrenheit 451 and a theme that's suddenly become all too relevant again. The show has interesting and unique characters who get plenty of development. Lots and lots of cool action and some brilliant comedy. Give it a shot if you like action shows that are a little different from the norm.

You can stream it on Crunchyroll:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/library-war

#517 Kerberos, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  18. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

My Hero Academia is the purest shit I've ever seen. Hopefully I finish enough episodes on time so I can start talking about the third season with the rest of you five months after it ends.

lol but Elias is ginormous and Chise's so little. How else you gonna express your affection for someone so tiny?

19. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

She doesn't get petted by just Elias though.

20. wesleyv1

The devil is a part timer. Pretty good so far but kinda weird that he starts being nice almost immediately after coming to earth though