What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by cberg, May 23, 2016.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I bought deathnote on bluray the other day. got through the first two episodes so far. I'm just a little disappointed the plot developed so quickly. It's like story intro - main conflict instantly. I know sao started with it in the first episode. it just surprised me thats all that there wasn't more buildup. I will definitely keep it going though.

2. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

Currently watching "Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan". So far, I am enjoying it.

3. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

In the between season lull I’ve decided to watch A Certain Magical Index III, mostly because I watched the other shows in the series. I really wish they did the Accelerator continuation of the story instead of another Index, but it is what it is. I guess it’s okay but it needs more Makisa, and where are the clones?

4. Matemar

Matemar Corvus

I'll give Saiunkoku Monogatari a shot. Time to stray back to out of season stuff.

5. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Haven't watched anime in quite some time, but I caught a stream of Mob Psycho 100 and so I've been hooked, slowly watching that.

6. mr.Gloomy

mr.Gloomy Newbie

I am watching Hellsing. Very interesting story, quite old, but with a good drawing style. Perfectly suitable atmosphere and well thought-out heroes are the best things of the anime.
    If you are not afraid of horror moments - sure you'll like it too!

Kuze likes this.
  7. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Feel like I should finish Seven Deadly Sins.

8. Gokuu16

Gokuu16 Visitor

currently watching Attack on Titan season 1, Death Note and Psycho Pass, love to rewatch some series.

9. Matemar

Matemar Corvus

Struggling with Saiunkoku, kinda bores me, but I'll pull through.

Probably going to pick up A Place Further Than The Universe.

10. Kilo1121

Kilo1121 Newbie

Hello everybody! Wow it's been a while since I've been on here! I kinda forgot about this site! Lol

The main shows I've been watching lately are The Rising of Shield Hero (My favorite at the moment), Black Clover, One Punch Man and Isekai Quartet! I'm enjoying all of them immensely! And then of course Attack On Titan is back in a few days! Super excited about that!

P.S. I think I already know the answer, but can your profile name be changed without deleting your account? I couldn't find a way to change it. Thanks in advance!

11. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I don't think you can change your username/profile name. You could try asking an administrator.

@Shannon Apple

12. Kilo1121

Kilo1121 Newbie

That's what I figured! Thanks anyway!

13. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Back to the thread title, what the hell am I watching? So AoT has new shows, but it really seems to be going nowhere. The list of new shows on Crunchy seem to be mostly uninspiring, or worse, downright repulsive. May be time to forget new and dig into the older un-watched shows. Anyone have a suggestion for a fairly well written action/adventure, drama or comedy?

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

You could jump on the Bungou Stray Dogs train right now. Hear it's fairly decent. 3rd season is currently airing.

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I finished episode 7 of key metal idol its pretty good. Its kind of a data from star trek tng story - a robot wanting to become human. The action is pretty sick. I mean tgat in a mostly positive way. Its a bit gruesome but well done. Its not exactly gratuitous.

The main characters are well done too. Theres actually character development in the three main characters (the "good" guys). The bad guys are really bad. Their motives are still a little unclear to me. It sseems to be the maglomaniac/ extreme greed motive.

Its got its own vibe and rythym to it. I've got the dvd set and it came with a soundtrack cd. Not bad for picking it up at a used games/movie store (oh yeah the cd is sealed and i didnt even know it was i there until a week after i started warching it :D havent opened it yet.

16. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

I like Bungou Stray Dogs. Currently I am watching that new Fairy anime or whatever and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

17. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher sinew and steel

I'm watching One Piece. I skipped to the most resent arc because there is just too much One Piece in its entirety. It's funny, but I don't know how long I'm going to be entertained by the absurdity.

18. G_Munny07

G_Munny07 is a savage

I am currently watching my hero academia. And I was previously watching assassination classroom. But my anime watching is on hold because the new episodes of south park are out.

19. Leaf

Leaf Newbie

I'm currently watching Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba in Dub this time and I'm really enjoying it. It's rather intresting and different than subbed I must say and I love it. ❤

20. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher sinew and steel

Rewatching The Melancholy Haruhi Suzumiya. I've seen it before in English, but this time is in Japanese. I found Kyon's monologues were easier to follow in English, mostly because he's dialog tend to be big info dumps and reading them can be a hassle when there is info on the screen to absorb. I prefer Yuki Nagato in Japanese for sure. The English version never quite captured the literary element for me (probably because the two languages are so different). I'm pretty neutral on casting between the two versions. I will have to say having heard all the dialog multiple times in English has helped a lot for comprehension this time through.