What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by cberg, May 23, 2016.

1. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher sinew and steel

Watched Spirited Away at anime club. It's our introductory anime get people to regularly show up. Then I rewatched Spirited Away because apparently my cousin hadn't seen it before. Such a classic film. I am loath to find out people haven't seen it. Anyways righted a small wrong in the world by showing a bunch of people some Studio Ghibi.

Shadow Fox likes this.
  2. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I finished kill la kill again, lots of stuff I don't remember or forgot about so it was almost like watching it brand new again. I was watching baki and kengen asura but I had to stop because sometime half way in the second season I think for either of those they didn't have all the episodes and I don;'t know how regular they release episodes. I am thinking of trying out cells at work soon. I also finally got to watch Hunterxhunter which was alright, and seven deadly sins which is, quite frankly, boring as fuck.

3. 5oul Crusher

Starting watching Code Guess on anime club recommendation.

4. DcRising

DcRising Newbie

Not much at all recently aside from Haikyuu!, MHA, and One Piece for airing. Started Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans recently which I am really enjoying.

5. 5oul Crusher

Now that I have some renewed interest in anime I've been watching Kanon (2006). It's based on a visual novel, and is set in the same visual style as Clannad (though content-wise is totally different). There's something about a story set around girls in snow that is so... Healing, hmmm, not quite sure. But nevertheless Kanon has been a good watch so far. The friend who recommended it definitely knows a thing or two about anime, or at the very least doesn't have terrible taste.

I've also been doing a causal rewatch of Kill la Kill. I think it's one of the strongest shows in raw visual aesthetic. I still view the show with some wonder, and try not to concern myself with having a complete understanding of plot. It's more about how the characters feel, and how they make you feel. I dig the soundtrack as well, although I wish it had a bit more variation.

I tried to get into Demon Slayer, but I just can't find any enthusiasm for that series. The characters either feel stiff and lifeless, or goofy. It hasn't been able to strike a balance which I find satisfactory.