What are you currently listening to?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dunn x Dolo, May 24, 2016.

1. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Simply put, this is the thread to post what you are listening to right now, or the last thing you listened to. It gives others a chance to get a taste of what you like and maybe find new things for them to like. If you are going to add videos please use the spoilers so we don't get scolded by the higher ups. I have been beaten enough times by Shannon.

As most of you guys know, Im a big video game music lover of the older era. As such, Ill start with that.

2. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I would use the format from the old forum, but I can't actually remember what it was, and while I would go back to check, that place is currently a dumpster fire.

Lately, I've been listening to a load of Jet, they're a great band. Get Born and Shine On are both really enjoyable albums. This tune is called Holiday, and it's one of my personal favorites from the latter.

[\spoiler]

3. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

Currently listening to this piece of art:

4. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

I played this song on Rock Band Blitz a few weeks ago. Ordinarily an artist called Ghost Hounds with a track called "Ashes to Fire" screams, well, screamo to me, and that's just not something I enjoy. But I gave it a shot, and I couldn't have been further off. I'd classify it as something like Commercial Rock, which is by no means a bad thing. It's got this powerful chorus that ordinarily you'd hear trying to sell you something. It's a real good tune.

The singer went on to form a group called Vintage Trouble, which based on my searches, seems to be much more popular, so good for him.

[\spoiler]

5. Dunn x Dolo

Silver Founder

They say Rap is dead because everything is singing, or some dumbass dance song, but guys like this still give me hope.

Cassidy got dem bars son. ^_^

6. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Never really got into Cassidy, he had some fire tracks back in the day, and the rap battle he did against Dizaster was aiight. So might peep some old mixtapes cause that's what I'm doing these days any who.

Currently I'm listening to the dipset movement and in particular Juelz Santana's Back like cooked crack series. Part one is straight fiyah b!

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  7. Quulix

Quulix Active Member
    Gold Founder

I've been on a real big DJ Shadow kick lately.

8. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

Bit of a weird one, listening to Cheap Trick's "Mighty Wings", from the Top Gun soundtrack. It's a pretty good rock track.

Fighting game players will immediately notice that one Ken Masters' theme was actually taken from this tune.

(Ken's theme from Street Fighter II for comparison.)

#8 Novaire, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  9. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

Lianne La Havas - Wonderful

Super chill~

I can't find the original album version on You Tube, but this version doesn't take away from how beautiful the song is.

10. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Lil Dicky - Beef

11. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

Discovered this tune a few months ago, "Hot Night Crash" by Sahara Hotnights. It's got a nice riff, and a pretty cool chorus. I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I was a few months ago, but it's still a solid track.

[\spoiler]

12. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I got a big mix of stuff I got on right now, most of it is some Post Rock from Pg.Lost and stuff. I also have a slew of more popular songs from three days grace, offspring, metalica, and some Electroswing going as well.

13. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

Currently listening to Hot Cherie, a great track from Hardline. You may recognize the singer, Johnny Gioeli's voice as that of the singer of Crush 40, who've done a number of tunes for the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He's a really good vocalist, and it's a fine tune.

[\spoiler]

14. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

On my way to work, bumping that new Meyhem Lauren album sonnnnn

Piatto D'oro be getting mad spins ssst

15. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

I've got Lock Down by Dan & Adam Skinner in the background right now. It's sort of Giant Bomb's pre-show theme, and it really is great.

[\spoiler]

16. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Montana of 300 remixing songs is always fun. He's a savage.

17. GreenSmartie

GreenSmartie Sakugacity's (Self-Proclaimed) Mascot

"Sky's the limit" from the Persona 4 animation. With Persona 5 a few months away, I've been listening to some of the tunes from the previous Persona games to tide me over until the OST for the new game makes its way online. I've always been a fan of the music used in the Persona series!
    Oh, and "Here's to the Zeroes" by Mariana's Trench. Seems I've started listening to them again.

18. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Got my headphones on at work, bumping Chance 3 by Chance the Rapper...it ain't no Acid Rap, but it's quite allright

19. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

Admittedly, I'm not much of a Blur fan. Song 2 is pretty solid, but outside of that, there's not much I'm a fan of. I do however dig this tune, Country House. You might notice it sounds a whole lot like Dani California, but it came out I will point out Blur's tune came out 11 years earlier, make of that what you will. ;)

[\spoiler]

20. Dunn x Dolo

Silver Founder

Loving my man Smooth McGroove. He does Acapellas for Video Game tracks. Here is one Im listening too now.

Undertale - battle with a true hero