What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

I just finished tales from the Borderlands (great story actually, probably overtook wolf among us as my favourite Telltale game actually).

Now I'm going back to unchartered 4. Doing a speed run now (have to finish the game in 6 hours. I get distracted a little easily sometimes so I'm trying to make sure I a) skip all cinematic and b) quit to the menu screen when I do something else for even a minute.

If I finish it and it's not in the 6 hours I'll be pretty upset lol

What are you guys playing at the moment?

2. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

I've went back to Witcher 3. Done almost everything of Novigrad/Velen. Aside from that, I've finished the main quest line. During the course of summer I would like to complete more or less everything, including the expansions.

Otherwise, I've recently picked up Sid Meier's Civilization V. It's goddamn awesome.

PS: Scruff...I know what game you need to play next. >_>

3. Jane Shepard

Jane Shepard Cσммαη∂єя
    Gold Founder

I finished Fallout 4 on joining the Institute ending (all my potential romances were against them, so I had to kill them :( lol. Well, mostly Danse), I will come back to that game at a later time to try the other decisions and actually have a romanced companion.. but now I'm back in playing GTA V online before I return to my old Destiny PvP spree (and streaming) I was so well known for lol.

4. Scruffie

Editor

@DnJ - sigh... Alien: Isolation?

5. Sparkling Forklift

Sparkling Forklift i wish i was clever so i could put something here
    Gold Founder

I haven't been gaming too much recently. The only game I've really been playing is Slime Rancher. It's a cutesy little first person game where you adventure out and collect slimes to earn money. You use this money to get upgrades so you can, well, collect more slimes. So yeah, it's a pretty casual game but whatever, it's pretty fun.

6. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Recently finished Tales From the Borderlands (picked it up on Scruffie's advice) and it was great. Had a fantastic time with it.

Currently I'm mostly replaying Dragon Age: Origins (my favourite game to date) and having a lot of fun with it. I just love how extensive the role playign options in that game are. Not to mention the world building and character which are both teriffic. Also, I kinda forgot that,but the comedy is just fantastic.

Oh and I'm playing Shadowrun Hong Kong on and off. Big fan of the Shadowrun universe and Shadowrun Returns is one of my favourite games. Hong Kong isn't quite as good but it's got more than enough quality. They refined the combat system and the narative is more focussed than it was in Shadorun Dragonfall. All in all a really good game.

7. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

What else? Oh yeah, you go play Shadow of Mordor as well.

8. Scruffie

Editor

That sounds horrible.

I'm thinking of picking up witcher 3 again. @Kerberos recommended SOMA to me, and he's played a few recommendations of mine so that will start this week too.

I'm actually in the mood for a really good horror game actually...

9. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

SOMA does look awesome, but you've already started Alien! D:
    The only game I can accept you use to delay the inevitable is Witcher 3.

10. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks and SOMA is a really good horror game. (imo anyway)

11. Zoltor

Zoltor Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

I'm currently replaying Hoshigami(PS 1 version), It's easily one of the best Tactic/RPGs ever made, and "is" the hardest one ever made, It's so great.

I'm basically done with the main story, I recruited all the special characters in the game(that's another thing that makes this game so great, unlike any other Tactic/RPGs of this type, there's actually a way to recruit every character), and I'm staring to do the Vugtis Tower.

12. sanzfei

sanzfei Night Shift
    Platinum Founder

I just finished DOOM which was far better than it had any right to be. One of the most fun shooters I've played in years. I need to finish Uncharted 4 which I'll try and do this weekend.

13. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Slowly going through BloodBourne on PS4.

I really like the Trick weapons, there's a huge variety of play styles availible within each weapon, you can pretty much overlook the fact there are so few weapons total in the game compared to the Souls series games. The combat is much more aggressive and fast paced, enemies will combo you and the health rally system promotes risky play. Just beat Ludwig the Holy Blade in the DLC, and man that fight was incredibly tough; I don't think I've ever played a game with a boss that was as unrelenting and aggressive.

Sometimes I'll play an hour or two of Rainbow Six Siege on PC. It's all the adrenaline of fast paced shooters, mixed with the tactical RS6 franchise. The rounds are really short, and everything gets really tense right before the Sieging team starts their assault. Firefights are fast and intense, lasting a few seconds. I feel like this is one shooter a lot of people are missing out on right now. It's a really different style of fast paced gameplay.

Karnage likes this.
  14. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

Currently playing Overwatch. Gotta get my fix in.

15. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

I'll eventually get to Bloodbourne, but today is not that day.

I just started up with the original Dark Souls after beating Demon Souls some time ago. I've been avoiding the game for a while since it's been sitting dormant in my steam library. After four hours of game play I finally caved and bought an xbox 360 controller. So far I'm loving the game though.

16. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

DaS is what got me to also buy an Xbox controller for PC. After trekking through the souls games, whenever you get to BB, you're going to get blown away by how great it is. I would relaly like to see a PC release so more people would play it.

17. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

The dream. BB being on console only is a letdown above all else. Idk if I am willing to buy a ps4 strictly for BB at this point. Invested a bit too much into my pc for that lol. I'm refusing to look up guides and play throughs so the series can be a new experience.

One thing I'm not keen on is the multiplayer. Now I play the game more for the solo experience however the few times I want to play with friends the soapstone seems to be garbage. Regardless of me following all the steps and such. Maybe that's because it's PC or I'm just retarded idk.

18. Shikinami_

Shikinami_ Lean, Green, Meme Machine
    Gold Founder

I'm all in for Rainbow 6: Siege on PC right now. Even with Overwatch being out, I think I will probably continue to log hours and hours into Siege.

19. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

Found a cool game called Town of Salem, it's on steam if youre intrigued

20. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Tales of Zestiria. Another segment in Tales Franchise... with overly positive character... God, I miss such protagonist as Yuri.... :(