What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Just beat Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.

The story is anime, the tropes are Japanese, a few of the mission designs are just..bad.. which isn't easy to overlook because there are only 20 campaign missions. The multiplayer is really barebones and there is no coop support despite some past games having coop. There were some nice throwbacks to previous titles that weren't blatant fan-service. Overall it was fun, and it's a decent game, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't enjoyed an AC game before. Music is great as always.

Also the F35 cockpit is really not aesthetically pleasing. I can't blame the game designers because it's modeled after the real thing, but It's like someone put in a tablet instead of the instrumentation cluster, and it's not in that cool Star Trek kind either. Looks like pilots are going to play fruit ninja, instead of going into battle.

Looks like I will get a chance to start RE2 this weekend, since work went better than expected this week. Though I keep seeing good news stories/reviews from normie journos praising it, which is making me worried.

#1181 ThisGuy, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. Enies

Enies Famous Member

are you trying say the f-35 is one of the biggest fails and waste of money projects from the US goverment?

3. Sakura33

Sakura33 Shooter

I'm stuck on happy wheel lately. Can't even complete the 1st level but it's cool anyway.

4. Enies

Enies Famous Member

yakuza 0 says real yakuzas use controllers. Idk how to get my ps3 to work on my PC i tried and fail to do it. i can tell the game was designed for a controller but if you get used to the keyboard and mouse its not so bad.

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

There's a reason for that.

Playstation is Unix based. This means that the PS4 controller I have works natively on my mac, a simple plug and play job. However, you need to install software to get any playstation controller to run on a Windows machine. It should work with some tinkering.
    Try this link: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/

6. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

Well no, but it's definitely an experiment for Universal Basic Income for defense contractors.

Dunno about the DS3 controller but for DS4 on STEAM you can just go into "Big Picture mode" and it activates the appropriate driver. The annoying thing is that all of the button prompts are going to be the lame MS layout, so you have to remember how ABXY maps to the PS layout.

Been playing a little RE2 remake this weekend, I'm pleasantly surprised. There are somethings that are done really well, and there are a few annoyances. Having played the original dozens of times, overall I'm pretty ecstatic about the remake. I've been having those "first time" feelings that I had with the original RE titles that just feels great.

#1186 ThisGuy, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  7. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

I bought Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe edition (Well worth the price) I absolutely cannot get over the graphics in this game. Some of the worlds it really feels like you're playing a movie. It's even more shocking when you realize this game does even't have HDR. Mount Olympus/Olympus, and Toy Story World thus far were jaw droppers.

I just got to Enchanted World and that has also been great so far, I'm interested in seeing where that leads me.

8. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I got a game from shannon called inquisitor. Just played an hour of it and I am feeling a great old school dnd vibe from it so far.
    Also doing a little bit of xenoverse 2 again and going to start playing Tsioque again. Point and click adventure I kickstarted and I am stuck on a part I am not sure where to go right now.

9. Cameron Taylor

I am currently playing a ranked match on Rocket League at the moment. I'm playing Rocket League on my TV, while I've got the Super Bowl playing on my computer. Rocket League has been my major addiction lately. I just wish I could get myself ranked higher.

10. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

Ive been playing Dragon Quest 11. had to start over with it set to super strong enemies because the default is a joke.

11. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Beat Yakuza 0. Loved it and cant wait to play the rest of series when I actually get some money.

In the meantime I purchase BloodBorne cuz it was cheap. All I can say is.....HOLY.....FUCKING.....SHIT. Dark Souls spoiled the hell out of me compared to bloodbornes difficulty. You never realize how shitty a player you are until they take away your ability to block. Still loving the game so far and will stick with it, but dayum man. Died like 4 times to the first boss, regular enemies beat the shit out of me, died to the dumbass werewolves on the bridge about 6 times. I will prevail though. XD

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Last weekend I modded my Wii and got games going on it.

I just got my ps2 fat modded last night as well. I got the sata network adapter and I've got a 1tb hard drive in it.

I also got the PlayStation mini and the neo Geo mini last weekend. I plan to mod the PlayStation mini next. Not sure if you can mod the neo Geo mini or not.

Now all I need to do is load all the games I've got setup. This will be fun :) oh I also have the component cable for the ps2 and looking to get the component for the Wii. My projector doesn't have component in so I just ordered a component to HDMI converrter.

13. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

I beat Kingdom Hearts 3 and I enjoyed the ride. Not so sure about the ending, very open ended and there almost will definitely be a sequel, gave me some tear jerking throughout that game.

I'm going back now to wrap up some achievements, I don't think I'll get everything as I just have too large of a backlog. Overall it was a good game with great content.

14. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

You better prep that butthole for the DLC boyo. Once you play through BB, go back and replay any of the souls games. BB teaches you the fun way to play.

I just picked up a modchip and PS2 slim, whenever the weather gets crappy again I'll spend a few hours and do that. Region free here I come!

Been playing RE2 remake, EDF5, and AceCombat4. Also I fixed my Dreamcast recently, popped in Dino Crisis so I may have to finish that before spring hits and I'm back training outdoors.

#1194 ThisGuy, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  15. Enies

Enies Famous Member

Training outdoors to shoot guns?
    How is edf5?

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Cool :)

I definitely suggest following a tutorial to the letter. It took me four hours to mod my wii. I was using an old modded memory card i had on hand and it just wasn't working so i restarted from scratch and it worked finally.

Be careful if you follow one from mrmario2011. His softmod tut for the ps2 fat was ok but he talked a mile a minute :D i had to restart it quite a few times to catch what he said.

17. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Believe In Death

Yo-Kai Watch 3: I haven't officially started the game yet, but I'm about to soon. It took quite a bit to find this game. It was just released, but due to the low production numbers, it was sold out on the day of release for almost every single online retailer and very, very few stores actually received physical copies. I went to a local shop that I had had luck with before and sure enough, they had a single copy. They had gotten only one copy and no other store within a few hundred miles had gotten any. This is the same shop in which I found the only physical copy of Red Cat Corps, which is now rapidly increasing in value due to it's rarity. I don't know what it is, but these games are so rare in the US. Fun as all hell and incredibly addicting as there is so much to do and see. There are supposedly over 600 various characters to get in this latest installment. I haven't even finished White Dog Squad or Red Cat Corps because I didn't even touch the Moon Rabbit Crew DLC with both and that alone adds days to the run time. So much to do, so little time to do it.

18. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

Mountain biking. Did some XC racing last year, have some big races later this year.

EDF5 is pretty fun. It's a shooter where you kill a bunch of overgrown bugs and aliens that have invaded earth. The dialogue is campy, the music is campy, the enemies are campy. It has a pretty significant grind in that you are kind of expected to replay the game many times. As you play you collect weapons and armor, the big thing is the armor. So typically you play Normal > hard > hardest > inferno, if you play outside of that you have to be very good otherwise you need the armor pickups from the previous playthroughs to survive. The game trades off graphics for rendering tons of enemies, bullets, and explosions on screen. I really enjoy it but I think a lot of people think it's monotonous. EDF is one of those series (like Acecombat) where you can go back to their original games and it'd feel just like the modern titles, that may or may not appeal to you.

If you're interested in EDF I'd wait until EDF:Iron Rain comes out this April. They are doing a simultaneous worldwide release so it's gunna be a blast.

19. Enies

Enies Famous Member

mountain biking sounds fun although not for me abit dangerous at least youre out doing something.

ive heard its a lot of fun but i can see why for some people it can be boring they might complain there is nothing to do but just constantly shoot ive heard that before when trying to get someone to play a zombie hoard game like warhammer.

Speaking of which Earth defense force 4.1 and warhammer 2 will be on humble bundle for 12 dollars. Mostly interested in the EDF since i've never played it so im thinking of getting that instead as a firs try into the franchise before iron rain. Thoughts?

20. ALToxicity

ALToxicity The great and powerful Peridot

Playing too much Warframe lately. I'm not usually too into grind-heavy games, but the gameplay is fun and it's constantly being updated and taken care of. The community is pretty good, too. I've had my account for 5 years but didn't have a pc good enough and I feel so behind everyone else who signed up in 2013-14.