What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Like I said I'd prob wait for Iron Rain. Online is a major component of EDF, most people are going to be playing the latest one.Unless you have nothing else to do and aren't afraid to play a somewhat monotonous game alone I'd just wait.

2. Enies

Enies Famous Member

its onyl 12 dollars along with a few others games like warhammer 2 so its not big deal. plus i can have a frame of reference to compare it witht he previous so i can see how much the series has improved. If I like it would make me more interested in buying iron rain. Looks good and fun to play with people.

3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Vermintide 2. :p There are quite a few Warhammer games. But yeah, if you're interested in actually playing both, it isn't that bad of a deal. Yakuza 0 was an excellent deal because you really wanted the game. The value of those bundles really only depends on what level of enjoyment you get out of them.

The upside with something lke EDF 4.1 is that 1000s of new people are aquiring it at the same time, so you are probably going to see a hell of a lot of new players on the server right about now, especially since it has high reviews. But... you'd want to be willing to play it NOW to get the most out of it and not hold onto it for later.

Enies likes this.
  4. Enies

Enies Famous Member

played EDF4.1 last night it was pretty awesome surprisingly a lot of fun. i know i just gotta convince friends to play.

The graphics of the game are also a lot better than i thought better than many new games out still very detailed game. Great fun and kind of crazy out there kind of fantasy. I notice japanese audiences prefer a very imaginative creative experiece as opposed to American audience which likes realistic shooters.

great stuff id buy the newer one depending on how good it is but its definitely on my radar now.

@Shannon Apple why are there so many different earth defense on my libray now? are they expansion packs or something?

#1204 Enies, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  5. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

After seeing how bad God Eater 3's trailer looked I bought God Eater Resurrection for 10 bucks. Plays just like the PSP version except the English voice acting is shitty as hell. Like a bunch of Nickelodeon teenagers decided to lend their voices.

Still Enjoying the game though.

6. Enies

Enies Famous Member

EDF is just epic. Wish i could get my freinds to play.

one thing that amazes me is the game is only 4gb in storage but yet it looks amazing with great textures and graphics and loads fast as heck. LIke wth? what kind of magic is that?

7. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

To save our mother Earth from any alien attack,
    From vicious giant insects who have once again come back,
    We'll unleash all our forces, we won't cut them any slack.
    The EDF deploys!

EDF!! EDF!!

They changed the song in EDF5, at first I hated it but it has grown on me:

We shall not all allow these aliens to rule we homo sapiens!

Waiting for Devil May Cry 5 next week. It's funny the RE2Remake timing with DMC5, I remember playing the demo for the original DMC that was packaged with Resident Evil: Code Veronica all night at a friend's house. We were going to play RE:CV all night but instead we played that demo over and over and over. Watching all the casings fly and bounce off the walls was kick-ass technology on the PS2 at the time!

#1207 ThisGuy, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  8. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Yes, I got 19 keys for it. Main game + 18 DLCs.

9. Enies

Enies Famous Member

i like the voice over and the song which some people dont like. I think it adds character. can't stress how well this game runs every game should run like this with great graphics thats easy to run.
    im guessing it has really good software optimization.

jesus thats a lot

10. Pig in a Blanket

Deep Rock Galactic. I haven't had this much fun in months!

11. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

I replayed the Day of the Tentacle on Steam. I remembered playing it in the 90s (I entered a giveaway for the Steam key and won). It's wacky as hell, but even today, it is still one of the better point and click games. I find a lot of them to be quite boring. XD.

Oh and been playing Armello with a few people here on SC (thanks Straws). It's pretty fun too. I do like tabletop games, but don't have people to play them with online.

I recently tried out the beta for a digital version of the board game Evolution. It was pretty interesting. Didn't get to finish the single player campaign, but it is something I might consider buying at some point. I have a few too many games yet to play currently XD.

yoda313 likes this.
  12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I played Robotech battlecry on the GameCube for awhile last night. Love that they've got the original voice actors in it. And it's a quality flight game too.

I also played some more red dead 2 last night. My only gripe with the game is the map and the mission objective screen. The map needs to be clearer and not so old tyme stylized schmuck. And it doesn't really have a checklist for the current mission. I'm on the oil mission in chapter 2 and I am having to look up online where to go next after I finish each section. Ugh...

13. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Armello is good with friends, like most board games. And I think they did a good job adopting the tabletop elements for the PC.

I recently finished my first playthrough on RE2 (Leon, hardcore)
    Mr. X is not the true boss on hardcore!

Also playing a lot of Battlefield V. Haven't played a Battlefield game since BF3 on PS3.