What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Ooh, I have a copy of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for Steam. I usually give away Humble keys that I don't want from the monthly, but I kept the key because it looks interesting. Have to wait until I have a computer capable of running it though. So you'll get to it long before I do. XD

Book of Demons is the one I plan to play soon. ^^

Been playing small puzzle games recently. Sometimes it's nice to kick back and play something simpler. ^^

2. Crimson

Crimson New Member

I unfortunately don't play on PC anymore. Too many PC issues have led to paranoia regarding gaming on them. Also, I don't like what Steam has turned PC gaming into. I like physical copies and consoles allow me to continue doing that.

3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Heh, to be honest, up until a few years ago, I played games only on console. I sold my consoles to help buy a new mac since I needed one going into a new job. Plan was to get a new console once I made some money at my job lol. But then, my job meant no time for gaming anyway, so never bothered. Then I got sick and couldn't work for quite a while... so just got a Humble sub and play Steam games on said mac. XD. I don't mind it too much.

I don't like the DRM thing myself. GOG is a better option for PC gaming since it's DRM-free, but then... Steam has the bigger library of mac compatible games. =)

4. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher sinew and steel

A friend convinced me to get Slay the Spire. I enjoyed how you don't have to sink many hours in order to get a satisfying experience. I found the the first few runs enjoyable picking up any old combination of cards and items. Although I found the game subtly encourages fast pasted gameplay and then subtly mocks you for choosing risk over reward. That was alright for the few play throughs, but now I am going to attempt to rely less on RNG (whoops, you accidentally got a broken combination of items and cards...) to actually relying on strategy to win encounters. Currently playing the Silent, and I will refuse to look up any gameplay guides. Gonna figure this out. Right now I'm stacking discard and energy matters effects.

Still playing MTG Arena. I didn't have to make many changes to my Mono-Blue deck. Mostly I just included a couple of Ashiok's Erasures to complement my countermagic selection and cut a couple of Vantress Gargoyles because there are slightly too many decks running escape cards right now. People haven't figured out how strong Soul-Guide Lantern is yet. I'm running a one of Thassa; I have very few difficulties getting my devotion to 5, however very few of my creatures synergise with being flickered at end of turn. I finally stockpiled enough Wildcards to get a couple of Cavalier of the Gales, and yeah it feels pretty good playing midrange creatures on curve rather that relying on your opponent's miss-plays while you tick-tok your Midnight Clock or Mu Yanling up. I'm going to leave the clocks out until I have a more solid grasp on what my key match-ups are. I may try running 3 copies Yanlings since I have been getting quite a few wins off an uncontested turn 3 Mu.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  5. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice Senior Member

I've been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on my Nintendo Switch ever since I got that game for Christmas. I liked the first 2 games when they came out and I had hoped that I'd get this game for Christmas (and I did).

6. Leaf

Leaf Newbie

I'm going replay Lost Ember again.

7. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

I've got two current gaming addictions at this moment.

Paladins- Still going at it with this game. As a hero shooter, this game is incredibly addicting as each character is widely different and can be used in differing ways depending on which loadouts you use, which you can completely customize. My current beloved character is Io, the Goddess of the Moon. A healer, she can absolutely devastate the battlefield if you use her correctly and people rarely expect a healer to deal massive amounts of damage. I typically get commendations from my team when I play as her. But I have also found a love for Raum, the Rage of the Abyss. A tank character who, with the loadout I crafted, is damn near indestructible. I've gone against enemy teams completely alone and held my own while beating them into submission. The amount of damage he can take while still standing is insane. A few matches every day does me good.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons- My first Animal Crossing game ever. I have been enjoying myself immensely. I have been taking it slow, compared to others who got the game around the time I did. But I like taking it slowly, enjoying everything and learning what I can. I enjoy the exploration and character interactions. The little quips and jokes are very nicely done. Like when you fish and catch a loach, the game says, "You caught a loach! It's looking at you with reproach." It's little things like that I just adore when I play games. I wish I had gotten into Animal Crossing before, but I am certainly glad I'm in it now.