What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Ooh, I have a copy of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for Steam. I usually give away Humble keys that I don't want from the monthly, but I kept the key because it looks interesting. Have to wait until I have a computer capable of running it though. So you'll get to it long before I do. XD

Book of Demons is the one I plan to play soon. ^^

Been playing small puzzle games recently. Sometimes it's nice to kick back and play something simpler. ^^

2. Crimson

Crimson New Member

I unfortunately don't play on PC anymore. Too many PC issues have led to paranoia regarding gaming on them. Also, I don't like what Steam has turned PC gaming into. I like physical copies and consoles allow me to continue doing that.

3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Heh, to be honest, up until a few years ago, I played games only on console. I sold my consoles to help buy a new mac since I needed one going into a new job. Plan was to get a new console once I made some money at my job lol. But then, my job meant no time for gaming anyway, so never bothered. Then I got sick and couldn't work for quite a while... so just got a Humble sub and play Steam games on said mac. XD. I don't mind it too much.

I don't like the DRM thing myself. GOG is a better option for PC gaming since it's DRM-free, but then... Steam has the bigger library of mac compatible games. =)

4. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher sinew and steel

A friend convinced me to get Slay the Spire. I enjoyed how you don't have to sink many hours in order to get a satisfying experience. I found the the first few runs enjoyable picking up any old combination of cards and items. Although I found the game subtly encourages fast pasted gameplay and then subtly mocks you for choosing risk over reward. That was alright for the few play throughs, but now I am going to attempt to rely less on RNG (whoops, you accidentally got a broken combination of items and cards...) to actually relying on strategy to win encounters. Currently playing the Silent, and I will refuse to look up any gameplay guides. Gonna figure this out. Right now I'm stacking discard and energy matters effects.

Still playing MTG Arena. I didn't have to make many changes to my Mono-Blue deck. Mostly I just included a couple of Ashiok's Erasures to complement my countermagic selection and cut a couple of Vantress Gargoyles because there are slightly too many decks running escape cards right now. People haven't figured out how strong Soul-Guide Lantern is yet. I'm running a one of Thassa; I have very few difficulties getting my devotion to 5, however very few of my creatures synergise with being flickered at end of turn. I finally stockpiled enough Wildcards to get a couple of Cavalier of the Gales, and yeah it feels pretty good playing midrange creatures on curve rather that relying on your opponent's miss-plays while you tick-tok your Midnight Clock or Mu Yanling up. I'm going to leave the clocks out until I have a more solid grasp on what my key match-ups are. I may try running 3 copies Yanlings since I have been getting quite a few wins off an uncontested turn 3 Mu.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  5. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice Senior Member

I've been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on my Nintendo Switch ever since I got that game for Christmas. I liked the first 2 games when they came out and I had hoped that I'd get this game for Christmas (and I did).

6. Leaf

Leaf Newbie

I'm going replay Lost Ember again.