What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

Started playing "Horizon: Zero Dawn" on PC. Lovely game (albeit still waiting for some of the issues with the pc port to be fixed).

2. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher body and mind

This may have been a mistake but I recently brought The Song of Saya (Saya no Uta) on a Steam sale and have subsequently played through one run of it. I haven't played really any visual novels before this. I didn't really like Saya no Uta when I began it, but I came to enjoy the Lovecraftian vibe. I think the mystery and suspense were played off well. The fact that Gen Urobuchi wrote the script was the main selling point for me since I thoroughly enjoy Madoka Magica.

I've also been regularly been playing Magic: The Gathering Arena I've got a Dimir Control list that I've been enjoying to play. I mostly have been playing best of one rather than best of three because I don't really understand sideboarding the list very well. I was worried that the deck didn't have enough win conditions, but often you'll gain enough card advantage that a lone Crawling Barrens will be enough. Mindmaze Tome has been really overperforming since it makes passing with open mana a lucrative option.

I have also been trying to play Mono Blue, but the pieces aren't quite there. Vantress Gargoyle is a sad play against both of the escape decks and the mill decks which there are a lot of on ladder. I also miss playing Quench and Mu Langling which both rotated out. Quench was no Mana Leak because your opponents could comfortably play around it, but having a decent turn 2 mana counter was quite important. Sure there still are Essence Scatter and Negate, but those were a bit too narrow without black's removal to back them up. Mu Langling is a big loss for the deck, because it doubled as a reliable win condition (the emblem was very difficult to beat).

3. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

Decided to tap into my inner Z Warrior again... and played Xenoverse 2.

4. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

Persona 5 Royal

5. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. I had the Japanese version of MHX for 3DS but I didn't pick up MHGU (MHXX) until this year. Just got to G rank.

Been prepping for MH:Rise coming to switch this month. Kinda not stoked for some of the things they are doing, kinda stoked for some things they are doing, should be fun anyways.

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I am almost done with tales of zesteria on the ps3!

I had set it aside for a few years. I got to a boss but kept getting hammered and couldn't get past it. I finally picked it up again this winter after finishing doom eternal.

I do have the strategy guide for this tales game. Its not as essential as I thought but it helped understand the combat a bit more. Now I've got some more control over the health stats and power levels. I haven't mastered it yet but its made it a bit easier.

Looking forward to beating the last boss!!!

7. jannick

jannick Visitor

The Elder Scrolls Online for now. This is a great game for any Elder Scrolls fan. I'm totally addicted and have ESO plus, but the subscription is more than other game subscriptions, especially now that Summerset and Morrowind are both unlocked via plus, Morrowind is included in the base game, and Elsweyr is likely to be this year. For those complaining about the grind, there really isn't a lot of grinds when you know where to farm eso gold in-game and how to upgrade quickly using the daily rewards you get just for logging in, such as experience scrolls. Overall, the gameplay is really fun when adventuring with a group of friends. PVP definitely takes work, but PVE is where the game shines in all the different types of stories and quests, dungeons, drills, and more, and the end game content keep you going for a long time Trials are 12 man dungeons where a group must work together to survive. Overall, the gameplay is great and each new area explored brings something different to the table. It gets even better this year with a chapter from Skyrim Heart of Darkness, just give it a chance if they offer it for free and if you like Elder Scrolls and MMORPGs you will be addicted. I recommend every fan of the series to pick up the book and try it out, you won't be disappointed!

#1267 jannick, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  8. Sakura33

Sakura33 Shooter

Playing drift hunter and have unlocked almost all cars..

9. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

I ended up getting a PS5 so I recently beat Demon's Souls remake a couple times. It has been awhile but MH:Rise was awesome, the expansion will release along with the PC version next year so I will probably switch over to PC play with friends. Recently been enjoying Final Fantasy 14. I was never into MMOs, and never into Final Fantasy but I decided to try it on a whim and it's been pretty fun. Lots of stuff available in the free trial and the story is better than I thought. I have been treating FF14 like a singleplayer RPG with multiplayer dungeons and that has worked out pretty well. I am debating whether to purchase the subscription or go try and play Xenoblade 2 (I liked X but couldn't quite get into 2 for some reason).

I play SQUAD occasionally still (more like I faff around and meme in squad), it's mostly on weekend evenings and I don't log into STEAM friends list. Not that anyone missed me :p

10. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Playing diablo 2 Resurrected. Trying Desperately to get a Low rune so I can have a fortitude for my merc. Once i get that I can trade my Vex for some Tal Armor and respec into a blizz sorceress. What would be REALLY wonderful is if I could somehow, in some way get my hands on two Ber runes. If I had those I could make an Infinite and respec one final time into a lightning sorceress and be completely unstoppable. Especially since i already have light facets ready in my stash to slot into my gear.