What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Discussion in 'Books, Comics & Graphic Novels' started by WubbaLubbaDubDub, May 23, 2016.

1. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Any1 on Goodreads?

https://www.goodreads.com/

Fizzy123. Add me you slags.

I am currently into The Omega Men reboot. Its probably one of the most ambiguous stories I've ever read. The 'good' guys use straight up terrorist tactics and the other side are pretty much genocidal dictatortwats. Really intrigued to see how this one ends, seriously a ballsy piece of work.

3. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

That's gonna be my go to insult for people I don't like now.

4. Narippo

Narippo Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

If comic books count? :p Then i am starting to read the Batman and The Outsiders comics. I recently purchased the full set :D

5. Gamma

Gamma Always be a Dragon.
    Staff Advisory

Been reading the second book of the Coldfire Trilogy, When True Night Falls by C.S. Friedman. I had to read the first one twice to like it but I really love the main anti-hero Gerald Terrant. If ever a character was Lawful Evil, it would be him. Really great writing style and if you can get through the first half of her books they pick up.

6. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Last thing I read was "The Call of Cthulu", which was just as fascinating (and racist) as I'd been hearing all these years.

7. Gamma

Gamma Always be a Dragon.
    Staff Advisory

Oh gosh if you really want to hear Lovecraft get totally racist read The Street. I was completely disgusted and fascinated at the same time.

8. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

Currently on the 4th book of the serie 'A song of Ice and Fire'. Been reading the saga since season 1, but with work and university (and a little bit too much of gaming), my reading pace has been significantly decreased. And my reading list keeps getting bigger (thanks Shannon).

Shannon Apple likes this.
  9. Sparkling Forklift

Sparkling Forklift i wish i was clever so i could put something here
    Gold Founder

I recently read Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky and was surprised to see I really enjoyed it. Now I'm rushing to read his other books. I bought a collection with some of his short stories, but right now I'm primarily reading Crime and Punishment by him.

10. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

I've been reading a detective/ fantasy series thats just light reading. Right now I'm about half way through Ritual Magic by Eileen Wilks

11. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I grabbed my copy of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde off the shelf this morning when I realized I've never actually read the novel.

Pretty excited about getting into that in the next few days.

12. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

Haruki Murakami's short story collection The Elephant Vanishes. I recently finished reading Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman and thoroughly enjoyed it. While I really enjoy Murakami's longer novels, he's a very strong writer of short fiction.

I'm also planning on reading Tolstoy's Anna Karenina someday. But I can't work up the motivation to read an 860 page novel right now.

13. Karnage

Karnage Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

I had just recently finished reading the 4th book out of five from the Healers of Meligna series by K. J. Colt. I first found the series from a free selection of books that amazon offers for anyone with the kindle reading app. The first book was in a bundle of free fantasy books, so I figured I'd give it quick glance over. Within the first few chapters I was pretty hooked.

The story takes place in a medieval time period where anyone with sickness or disease are ostracized. Adenine, merely 14 peers at through the innocent and sheltered eyes of a child. As the story progresses Adenine is quickly exposed to the true wickedness of the world in which she lives in.

Here's the first book's (Concealed Power) summary.

Adenine is blind and isolated in her small attic bedroom. Convinced she is the last carrier of the Death Plague, she avoids contact with the outside world.

When her mother fails to bring her food Adenine begins to starve. Driven by her hunger, Adenine ventures into the house discovering her mother bedridden and sick. Despite her terror of infecting others, Adenine fumbles her way onto the streets of Borrelia in search of the town's doctor.

Soon, she is surrounded by new friends... and enemies she never knew existed. Every secret unravels. Every lie is discovered. Now Adenine's life depends on who she decides to trust.

14. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Im rereading American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

I'm really bad for rereading things when I have so many new books to read.

15. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Last I left off, I just got some Swamp Thing Comics and some new 52 Justice League. As well as the MLP comics, I think I am up to number 20 on that one.

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

The Thomas Covenant Chronicles book 1 - lord fouls bane.

Did they ever make a movie for this? or even a made for tv movie miniseries?

17. Lost Time Memory

I'm currently reading "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie.

18. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Is that the plain text version or is it the dialogue/play version. Anyways decent read.

19. Lost Time Memory

Plain text.

20. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

I had the misfortune of reading the play version which actually has a different ending and was a tad tedious to follow because they'd detailed all of the props, their exact locations, characters entering/exiting, stage description in terms of the setting and whatnot.