General What have you been up to in the down time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scruffie, May 23, 2016.

1. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Yay you're here! And with a lovely blue tag next to your name now!

Want my cat? Hes a turd.

2. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Don't tempt me. I could bring several home during the down time... but my husband has an angry look then he needs it... :(

3. Kakuri

Kakuri The Disappointment
    Gold Founder

Well, I like to tell people that I've been studying for my exams which have just started, but in actuality I've just been playing a ton of video games. I haven't watched that much anime, but I have been trying to keep up on what's airing. Also joined the Student Council at school. We've had one meeting and I think we'll never have another.

4. Scruffie

Editor

You can blame me. I don't mind!

5. Akio

Akio Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

I do not know about all of the down time, because I cannot remember that far. Recently though, besides checking every day if sakuga is running yet? The big events: I went to Romania for a holiday, I went to a friend's wedding, my uncle died (don't worry he was a gangster in china he deserved it), my mum has been asked by her boyfriend to buy a house together, so mum said she might give me the (current) house. My own house for free at the age of 20 would be nice. The day to day: I work full time at a shitty software house but I am going to quit soon because I am so bored, looking for work at startup companies in London now. I am still studying Japanese, and learning Hungarian now too. I am training in shaolin, Brazilian jujitsu and Thai kickboxing these days. With the studying and training I do not have as much time as I would like to play games and watch anime, that mostly has to happen at weekends. This weekend is going to be Total Warhammer time.

6. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

Psychology. I'm hoping to be a candidate for the doctorate in neuropsychology in a couple years. Hopefully, interns are going to get paid until then.

I'm not sure if I have to laugh or not...Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss.
    That's pretty neat for the house. I'm in the same situation; I may be able to get my hand on a house for free (inheritance, mostly), but not before a few years from now.

7. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Wow that's great goal. I am thinking about doctorate too maybe in 2 or 3 years :)

8. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

Thanks. In what domain, if I may?

9. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Education policy and management.

10. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Post pics or the fat cat named waffles didn't actually happen.

11. Akio

Akio Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

ThisGuy gets it. We need to see.

12. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

3D animation, I work in television at the moment.

[​IMG]

ThisGuy and Fantasy like this.
  13. Scruffie

Editor

Waffles IS so fat!!!!

Can I have her please?

14. Akio

Akio Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

Sorry I don't rate your cat. The fur is gorgeous but I have seen much fatter.

15. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Those eyes....

16. Leona_Rose

Leona_Rose Newbie
    Gold Founder

While my downtime started before the forum's, I'd say a fair bit has happened. I've finished high school; got a job and might be in for a promotion of sorts (it's just moving from cashier to stocking, so it's nothing all that impressive, but it'd be a title to put on a resume if it goes through; ) lost some much-loved pets, and adopted new, hopefully just as much-loved pets a couple years later (two adult cats - a multicolored girl named Danni and a gentle, ginger giant named Cleo.) Been seeing more movies in theaters of late, as well. I've even somehow managed to finish some games / anime, and not abandon a blog on Tumblr! All that aside, though, I'm not sure that much has changed about me - I'm still just an anxious little lady with no idea what she's doing, when it comes down to it. But by jove, I'm a better-dressed one, I'll tell you that!

17. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

Before the new forums I was generally gone, but I stayed good friends with some of the people that I met over the years. However, while waiting for the new forums, I was mostly just busy with work and playing Overwatch. I was also dealing with a bit of health troubles, but I think the worst is over.

I'm glad the new forums are here. :3

18. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Meh, I was working, playing video games, doing my husband/fatherly duties and constantly poking fun at old members on the Facebook page.

Now that the site is up....im still doing everything I was doing, but up here now. :)

Im working back towards being the chat room/box king like I was. I need dat crown.

19. Saturna

Saturna Active Member
    Gold Founder

Just been really busy with school. I'm preparing to take 3 entrance exams (to qualify for nursing school) and hopefully I'll make good grades on all of them. The exams will be weighted with my GPA for schools to decide if I'm worth accepting. I should be done with all of those exams by December (I'm giving myself 2 months to study for each.)

I'm starting with the TEAS.

20. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

Honestly, not a whole lot. I don't have any classes this semester, so I'm basically just laying about. I watched literally seven seasons of Spongebob Squarepants over the course of a few days about a month ago, because I just couldn't find something else to do. That was pretty fun.