Personal What is the worst job you have ever had?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadow Fox, May 27, 2016.

1. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

The worst job I ever had was working as a customer service agent for a seasonal gig at FTD.com during mothers day seasonal. Every single phone call I got was someone yelling at me and our phone calls were suppose to last 15 tops and mine consistently was 45 minutes to an hour and a half because ass hole customers would refuse to hang up and I couldn't hang up on them...or get fired. Even though their problem was solved and there was nothing I could do, ever period ever that didn't involve give them a refund or ship them a replacement, they still kept frothing at them mouth at me screaming their faces off in my ear.

Holy, freaking, CRAP that was a miserable job. I will live on the streets before I do that job again!

2. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Customer service is always the worst

I'd say my worst job was working at Chuck E Cheese's in high school. The worst was dealing with bratty children and their brattier parents. And I absolutely hated when I would have to sing or put on a little show for the kids. Being the mouse was also pretty terrible.

3. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Probably my 7-11 gig, mostly due to the time we got robbed but also because it was terrible.

4. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Customer service at New Era Tickets.

The job wasnt too bad since we didnt actually call people, they called us. The main problems were people acting like they didnt know how to add. If the ticket says 29 bucks, all fees included, and you only have 20 bucks on your card, why the hell do you think its being declined? Then of course you get idiots who think you are playing them and you have to listen to cursing, yelling and other stupidity while trying to maintain composure.

On top of that there was so much downtime. I mean I dont mind getting paid for nothing, but sitting at a desk for 8 hours for only 2 calls some days is brutal. There is only so much surfing the net that a person can do a day.

Made it my motto to never ever do customer service again. I dont care how much it pays.

5. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

I'd have to say back when I worked landscaping. To list off the garb... 90 degree weather,9-10 hour shifts, 6 days a week, always new and random locations around town or the town over, one five minute lunch break and no other breaks, co workers turned over every week so I was always training new people, expected to do my work, the bosses work and the trainees while being yelled at for being too slow at everyone else job, oh and retarded customers who tell me how to do my job when they don't even know what a shovel is. I would rather die than go back.

Shadow Fox likes this.
  6. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

This doesnt sound too fun. Do you still do landscaping now?

7. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

Thankfully I now have a good job working in childcare for my local school district. Now I get paid to play basketball and board games with kids between PK-5th grade. A much better position with less hours and slightly less pay.

8. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

wow.. That is bad, I feel the same way about mine lol. Never doing CS again, or Walmart. Fuck Walmart.

9. Raffee

Raffee Panda
    Platinum Founder

Being a tutor at my university. Had to deal with dem brats who would constantly bully me and do whatever they wanted in the class. Good thing I held their grades in my hands so they knew who was in charge. Che!

10. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

Both sound like terrible jobs as well lol. CS can't hang up and required to deal with the bs and well Walmart being Walmart with it's amazing crowd.

11. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

Being in the Navy, which I still am currently doing.

Jesus Christ is this job stressful. Like, it isn't hard by any means and it's easy money; despite what most people say the pay isn't really all that terrible. I just wish I could get more sleep and do my actual job instead of the five other jobs they require of me. Also like the dickbags who outrank me and shit down my throat for no reason suck.

3 more years of my 6 left though! :D

12. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

This sounds so goood omg, i would loved to get paid for doing those things ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

13. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

Not really a job, but for my work experience at college I helped out for two weeks at a primary school. (Elementary for you Americans). I looked after the kindergarten class for the first week, then for the second I supervised the year 4 class (grade 3). It involved breaking up petty fights, being used as a slave to do all the staff's paperwork, and attending quite possibly the worst junior violin recital I've ever heard. I don't think I'll be pursuing a career in education anytime soon.

14. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

My current job. I think only saying that I work in retail is enough.
    I bloody hate people since I started this job, but hey, it pays the bill so whatever.

15. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I did tech support for DSL with Bellsouth while working my way through college was probably the worst for me. I either got hit on or yelled at, and if call volume was low you were given an option to leave and I would always jump on that and had to really budget my money. I was not disciplined enough to stay at work when given the option to leave.

16. Tenken

Tenken Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

So I don't know if it's the worst, but I worked at a self-storage place for a little bit in college. The very first day, I opened a garage and it was the middle of winter and some dude was living in there. I was scared to see someone outside moving around when I opened the door.

17. Strahan

Strahan Newbie

Unloading trucks at a Bon Ton distribution center. That was horrible. Maybe wouldn't be so bad if I weren't an out of shape geek, hehe. Of course, had I stayed at that job I'd be an in-shape geek by now most likely :)

18. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

1. Was my job several years back as a waitress while I was studying for my degree. I was about 26 and repeatedly being sexually harassed by a little shit of a 17 year old "assistant manager." He was doing things like... showing me how to vacuum properly as an excuse to put his hands on me. *shudder* When I told him I was 25 or 26, whatever I was at the time, he sneered and said "yeah right." I actually walked. Only job that I ever walked out on. UGH!

2. The second was a summer job in a bookies office. I was pretty much doing the managers job there half the time. I was training new employees to use the computer system and so on. The people that came in there were the worst of the worst because of the side of town it was situated, and the boss never put up that blast screen that he was supposed to. We escaped getting robbed a few times, only because I had a bodygaurd in the form of a 60 year old man who could identify anyone who walked in. They hit the place across the road instead. XD. I never set foot in a bookies before that job, so I was like... woah.

19. Xaestalrasz

Xaestalrasz Splendiferous Wizardess
    Platinum Founder

I am currently in my first job.

So, technically, it is my worst. It being food service, I think it'll remain my worst job.

20. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Ironically, my favorite job was being a retail worker at Office Depot. It was the least amount of responsibility and bullshit I had ever dealt with in my life, regardless of how terrible some customers were. Incidentally, I also had a lot of high value customers who preferred me more than others, so it was a lot of fun.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, the shittiest job I had ever had was my first one straight out of college. I was the Lead Programmer for a game under a guy who had no idea what he was doing. I partway ran his company, built his game engine, hired people and told him how to do his job. I quit when I realized that why work for pennies and built up someone else's dream when I could've done that on my own.

With that said, that being my shittiest job also contributed to a far worst job I had.
    Professional Freelancer. Never again.