Personal What is the worst job you have ever had?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadow Fox, May 27, 2016.

1. XxKINGKAIJUxX

XxKINGKAIJUxX New Member

I have only worked three jobs in my life Taco Bell, Kroger, and Ebay. Taco Bell was the worst in all respects. I was 17 and trying to get a job for almost a year at that point. My friend got me on at Taco Bell and while i cant say i regret working there i still had a bad experience there. They only worked me on weekends and i only made 7.25 and hour on 3 hour shifts. They made me train on computer modules so when i actually started working i had no hands on experience and yet they expected me to know how to work the various jobs. The drama in such a small work space only made things worse.

2. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

I worked at Nordstoms Brass Plum section for a total of 12 hours. The assistant manager didn't like me and kept forcing me to return go-backs instead of letting me sell items (we worked on commission). I was there at the very start of a busy summer sale, and by the end of the day I barely made 20 bucks. So I quit the next morning and never looked back.

3. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

My worst job was probably one summer when I worked as a furnace loader at a powdered metals plant. Some one should have told me that furnaces and summer don't go along well together. At least it was second shift, a little better after the sun went down. By the end of the shift you're covered in black from handling the carbon plates that the parts are loaded onto.

4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

I would have to say the worst job I held was when I worked at a 24 hour grocery doing the freight. The boss was a former Marine sergeant and he treated people like they were lower than dirt. He had two types of emotion that he portrayed, emotionless or hateful, wrathful anger. The man sometimes had to physically stop himself from picking up an item and hitting an employee with it. When that occurred, he would throw the item down the aisle and demand we clean it up. The vendors we had to deal with weren't any better. I remember grabbing a cart and the vendor verbally threatening me because I took a cart he had his eye on. I just kept my distance from them after that.
    I worked there for almost six months before they let me go. Every job since then has been far better.

5. MyaMeOhMy

MyaMeOhMy Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakuga's Butterfly Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

My first job is also my current job. Yet, I don't necessarily plan on keeping it much longer. I am a cashier at Meijer. And as much as I despise some of my customers and the way they somehow managed to make me hate society more, it is the way my higher ups handle the company that bothers me. Never been able to make plans at my job because they hold us full time hours with crappy pay and no benefits.

6. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Worst job i ever had was definitely watching these animals called nyalas (i think). Just four hours of standing around looking at two barely moving antelope looking things while dodging flies and wasps, thankfully i had my phone and ear buds with me cause that was definitely boring

7. Takatofan1986

Takatofan1986 New Member

My worst job was Burger King. They pretty much hired me to make fun of me. I wish I would have tried to sue them, but when I was hired I had to sign something (everyone did) that if there was an issue you couldn't sue.

Yeeeah, I worked at Taco Bell for 7 years. When I started, they had someone with me getting hands on training for a week or two before I was on my own. Somewhere along the line they switched over to computers, and I understand why in theory, but it just doesn't work in practice.

And OMG the drama >.>

8. Zenohki

Zenohki New Member
    Founder

My first full time job as admin for a parts department at a car dealership. Only because I had only 3 hours of work to do for an 8 hour day. I'd ask my manager for something else to do and he'd take over an hour just to find me something, I gave up in the end. I've never known a work day and week to drag to painfully long.