What tv show are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Kerberos, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

5 Episodes into Legion. Its awesome. Also I have idea what the hells going on. Is he Juggernaut? Whatever. Gonna check 6 and 7 prolly tomorrow.

5 Episodes into Little Big Lies. Like Desperate Housewives. But not crap. Witherspoon and Kidman absolutely kill it. They should've made these two the foes. Laura Dern and the other girl are also great and Zoe Kravitz is.....hot. The cast in general is awesome especially some of those kids. Scary. Early runner for show of the year.

Anyone watching The Americans? Something tells me I've been sleeping on this show for far too long.

2. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Just wrapped up Season 1 of Lethal Weapon. I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's definitely been my favorite go-to show of the season and I'm looking forward to Season 2.

3. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Finished Sons Of Anarchy. Above average. Slightly. Can't believe I watched 93 fucking episodes of this over the last 2 months. Jeeezus christ.

Started Atlanta and The Patriot. Both are not really comedies with their repective settings of Atlanta rap scene/urban life and international espoinage providing the substance. Atlanta does it better. Actually flawless and wonderfullyshot. Must watch.

The Patriot has great moments and when it gets it right its epic. When it doesn't....you just feel bad for the writers. The performances are amazing in this, especially from the lead.

Defo keeping an eye on both of these, just don't wanna binge through Atlanta.

4. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

I am watching Archer, Into The Badlands, and 13 Reasons Why.

5. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Rewatching Carnivale

[​IMG]

Only ran for 2 seasons between 2003 - 2005 but really loved it.

Follows a freak show and travelling carnival through dust bowl era America with your standard good vs evil themes and a bit supernatural.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/

Was just killing time until the new Twin Peaks comes out today. So excited!

6. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Streetsharks. Wow this show does not hold up well

7. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I went through the first season of Freakish over the last few days. In a nutshell, Freakish is like The Faculty meets Pontypool and Jericho, without managing to surpass any of them. I think that's a pretty damn accurate comparison when you break it down, but here's a basic plot summary; a chemical plant located near a high school explodes, leaking toxic fumes into the surrounding area. The radiation slowly causes people to turn into freaks; more specifically it kills them and they return from the dead with a taste for blood.

For a zombie show in 2017, I kinda dug it. I'm not going to defend the plot, because it just doesn't work from a logical perspective, as a school simply wouldn't be airtight enough to keep out the toxins in the first place, but I can appreciate it's restrained use of the baddies. Generally speaking, if you take any single episode of The Walking Dead, you're going to see more zombies than in the entire first season of Freakish. I thought the main cast did a nice job across the ten-episode run and I liked virtually all of their characters. I'm glad it got renewed for a second series, and I'll be checking that out when it comes to fruition.

---

Other than that, I also caught up on Superstore, which had one hell of a finale for the second season. I am very happy to see it renewed as well.

8. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

I should wrap up OJ: Made In America later. Wow. Just wow. The scope, the substance, the subtext....unreal. It also bring up 2 of the biggest 'remember when....' moments of the 90's in the OJ chase and LA Riots. Honestly did not expect to learn any new but was proven wrong. Absolutely unmissable tv.

I'm also following Fargo and American Gods. Fargo is my show of the year so far and AG has been solid even if the lead continues to be surprised at the weird stuff happening......10 freakin episodes in.

Also should be finishing the latest House Of Cards season. Looks like its jumped the shark but......Spacey and Robin are amazing and watchable as hell.

Anyway, winter is coming.

9. Enies

Enies Famous Member

anyone know if the americans is any good. TV shows are too long and too mediocre nowdays.

want to see new season of fargo and better call saul. thats about it as far as what interests me. House of cards season 3 i should get around to.

10. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

I'm a few episodes in to American gods so plan to binge ep 4 - current within the next few days. The book woukd have been no easy feat to turn into a TV show, but I'm pretty satisfied with it so far.

Also about to start the latest season of Archer. I watched the first episode a while ago and wasn't 100% sure how well I would like this season, so we'll see how the go with it.

I'll probably do a thrones catch up before it starts up again in mid july

11. zoldos

zoldos Newbie

I'm re-watching one of my favorite medical dramas of all time, ER. We have most of the first 6 seasons on the cloud DVR. :)

12. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Just finished Season 1 & 2 of Rick and Morty. I also just watched Season 1 of Shooter on Netlfix. I really liked Ryan Phillipe in this series he did a great job throughout the show. Each episode is intense and leaves you ready to watch the next one.

13. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Currently on S02E04 of Better Call Saul. Show's very entertaining.
    Fuck Chuck.

Also put Malcolm in the Middle in the background. Reminds me of childhood.

14. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Might give Better Call Saul season 2 another go. I thought it was shit.

Also, prolly only watch Got. Kinda burnt out with tv shows. I sall be reading a lot more over summer.

Yes, mostly graphic novels. Whatever.