What was the last anime you completed?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by J4sm1n4, May 23, 2016.

1. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

What was the last anime you completed?​
    As in, what was it's name, what did you think about it and how do you rate it?

2. Kakuri

Kakuri The Disappointment
    Gold Founder

Fairly certain the last show I finished was Konosuba. A hilarious fantasy/comedy that I'd wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who hasn't already seen it. I mean, it looks like the animating team was completely wasted when making some scenes, but it's still pretty decent I guess.

10/10 of course.

3. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

I really hated Konosuba

It's a personal thing though. Just not my kind of comedy at all.

I think the most recent one I finished was Ajin which I enjoyed immensely.

4. Kakuri

Kakuri The Disappointment
    Gold Founder

I guess your kind of comedy is cave paintings then. Also seems like the kind of anime you'd enjoy. ;)

5. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

I dropped Konosuba after episode 2. The story was done multiple times and artstyle sucked so bad that made my eyes bleed.

The last anime I've completed is Cluster Edge. I think it was the most underrated anime I have ever watched. The beginning was slow and you couldn't really understand the main story of the anime. Also it was all over the place with slice of life, war, gods, artificial soldiers. But it still was really good. I loved it. 8/10

6. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

The last anime I completely was Erased. I was pretty pleased with it; the ending left a lot to be desired, though.

I would rate it with a 7.5/10

7. Zoltor

Zoltor Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

I rewatched Elemental Gelade. My full thoughts are in the review I wrote for it, but inshort, It's a pretty good anime overall(minus the ending, WTF was the author writing, did he forget the entire message he was trying to make throughout the entire anime or something), and a very good romance aspect.

8. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

Haganai was the last one I completed... I'm on a Naruto binge right now though.

9. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. I was bawling by episode 3. I was seriously caught off guard by those feels, especially so soon into the anime. The rest of the show wasn't really able to maintain the same standard as the first three episodes, but it was still enjoyable nevertheless. The ending was a little forced, but with how strongly the anime opened I can overlook the rest.

10. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

Steins;gate 11/10 for me

Not going to say anything just go watch it no!!

11. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Just finished Psycho Pass. I give it like a 7/10. It wasn't great, but it was good. A single watch through is all I can handle of that anime and nothing more.

12. Akio

Akio Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

The last I completed was kyoukai no kanata (beyond the boundary) because I watched the movie at the weekend. It was so good and I rate it MAXIMUM! Black hair kuriyama was sexy af, mitsuki in tears was sexy af. Ending was perfect, even better than the series ending. You could practically taste akihito's pain at kuriyama's
    memory loss

MAXIMUM rating everybody should watch it.

13. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Finished watching Claymore (dub) some time back. I should have watched the sub now that I think about it. I mean all the insults being thrown around would have felt serious if it was in Japanese. The show had a very interesting premise. Felt that the plot flowed okay. Some of the fights did feel engaging but otherwise an okay show. If I had to point out one aspect of the show I enjoyed it would be the Raki-Clare/Clare-Teresa parallel that the show depicted.

14. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I finished up watching D-Frag! on Hulu about 6 days ago. I actually quite enjoyed it, a pretty funny series. Sort of reminds me of Working, and I hope it also gets a second series, as I think over the 12 episodes, it earned one.

15. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

AJIN- I'm a fan of supernatural animes, so naturally I really liked this one. Animation style was interesting and enough action to keep you drawn in. The only thing I thought was a bit of a downfall is that none of the characters I felt were really all that likable. But given the theme, its understandable, plus it leads you to believe that the characters still have a lot of personal development to do. I'm looking forward to the second season

16. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Last anime I finished was Gundam 08th Ms Team, and Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory. Very Good series and I can see why a lot of people put them up there as far as the better gundam series.

17. Sparkling Forklift

Sparkling Forklift i wish i was clever so i could put something here
    Gold Founder

I'm actually going to start 08th MS Team pretty soon. Nice to hear even more good things about it! Really looking forward to getting into the franchise.

The most recent anime I completed was Guilty Crown. That was quite possibly one of the worst anime I've watched. It was really frustrating to watch some pretty good ideas get executed in the worst way possible. I mean, it did have some pretty nice visuals and an amazing OST, but then it made me even more mad to see such high production values go towards an anime like...this. So yeah, sorry fans of the show, I definitely gave this a 3/10.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  18. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

I just finished Tokyo ESP, it was overall a decent anime but it did have it's ups and downs. Mainly my favourite character The Professor carried the show, I also did not like the ending which felt rushed and just really random. Id give it a 7-7.5/10

19. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Akb0048 was the one i just finished, my thoughts on it are in the self titled thread in the anime section but i will say it was really great and is definitely my new favorite

20. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Death note... yes, i know... so after watching it i would give stable 10 to the first part of the anime (L's arc), however everything after L went down to hell... i would rate it 5. So (10+5)/2=7.5. Oh and Light Yagami is my new crush ^-^