What was the last anime you completed?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by J4sm1n4, May 23, 2016.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

More bleak then ergo proxy???? Ouch no thanks ill pass on that.

2. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

:whistle:

3. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

It's dark no doubt but what would you expect from a post apocalyptic cybernetic society plagued by a virus. It's worth a watch though trust me

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Hmmm got a matrix vibe. Oh and gits with some of the infection and memory impact thing. So many eps and movies though hard to mention the individual ones. Ill add it to the list.

I forgot to mention saikano earlier :D Definitely a bleak one that is, worth it but bleak my god....

5. wesleyv1

Guaranteed to make a stone statue erode away

yoda313 likes this.
  6. Raffee

Raffee Panda
    Platinum Founder

Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season. I thought this season would be better than the last, but it was just as disappointing to me. The chemistry between the group members were so forced, especially You and Riko.

7. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

:oops:

8. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

9. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I finished watching the second season of Kekkai Sensen. Honestly, there wasn't much (if any) in the story department. This whole season felt like filler. Sure, I liked seeing more from the side characters, but I would have liked to see some actual story.

10. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe - Village of Millionaires

An entertaining Jojo spinoff that sees everyone's favourite author self-insert character, and his hapless editor, investigating a mysterious village that seems to grant great wealth to those who live there. It's a fine one shot and it's good to see salty but loveable Rohan get more solo adventures, but it flies in the face of Checkov's Gun a bit by introducing quite a few story elements that are left frustratingly undeveloped.

11. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Mysterious Girlfriend X made me remember junior high school days. It was a sweet anime, made me chuckle at times.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Good series! Read the manga. Its even sweeter :) ive got it on bluray. I was surprised that it had a story and wasn't just an ecchi fest.

13. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

If only I had an Urabe in my high school in the past.

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

:)

Its actually one of the few mangas I've finished. I haven't read any lately.

I hope to finish battle girls time paradox this weekend as i only have two episodes left. Then i get to start another one!!!!

15. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I've finished Ping Pong the Animation just a minute ago. It was really good, I loved it.

16. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Kakegurui

Like the illegitimate love child of Prison School and Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, this was a tremendously entertaining show that spits in the face of such concepts as 'subtlty'. I did feel it tailed off a little towards the end, as it began to feel formulaic, and it never quite hit the same highs as Kaiji at its best, but it was well paced and boosted by a great lead character in the monstrous-yet-brilliant Yumeko.

Keen for season 2.

Kerberos likes this.
  17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I just finished battle girls time paradox.

That was so good! I expected it to be just a goofy echhi battle series. There actually was character development. I also liked that whisper between akerin and
    date sensei :D
    at the end.

Its not a deep think piece of course. But if you want an action series set in an alternate historical Japan with busty warrior babes this show is perfect for you :) and if you just want a lighter series with fun action this fits the bill too, though there are quite a few moving moments in it so dont think its all fluff.

18. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

A Silent Voice

Even with some knowledge of the manga, this story of a deaf girl and her repentant bully still struck me with its raw emotional power and palpable sense of isolation. Its subject matter is handled with remarkable maturity, creating a world in which I was not only constantly questioning characters' sincerity, but where understanding and forgiveness are hard to come by.

It doesn't surprise me that it would be snubbed at the likes of the CR awards in favour of Your Name, as it's nothing like as nakedly crowd-pleasing (frankly, I often found it hard to watch), but I think it works harder to justify its potentially mawkish drama, and I suspect its quiet rewards are far more likely to linger in the memory.

19. wesleyv1

Kakegurui, this one's a netflix exclusive but if you guys have netflix check this one out it's definitely worth a watch. Basically it's a show about a girl who transfers to a school where a students status is not determined by their gpa or wealth but by how well they gamble (yeah, that's right) and the girl is no slouch either, she's by far one of if not the best gamblers in the school. Think of it like yugioh on an acid trip but at the same time it's very fascinating as it actually goes into the art of gambling and describes the various techniques. It's very intriguing and i can't wait for season two (if we get one)

20. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

I just finished watching Casshern Sins, and frankly I was kind of blown away by it. At first you don't really see where this could go, the world is dying and everyone blames Casshern, yet he has no memory of what happened. It's an absolute, hopeless situation presented here that shows no chance for redemption. We encounter many characters along the way, some moments are fleeting while other characters return throughout the story. What we do find out is that first impressions don't count, every character has a story and they all learn and grow as time moves on. Even the most despicable one responsible for so much pain and destruction, Braiking Boss, actually seems to show more understanding and feeling than would be expected. The graveyard scene towards the end kind of underscores that. We do find out that there is a lesson to be learned, and it's a tough one which gives us a kind of bittersweet ending, but you know that's how it has to be. I would say it's well worth watching.

Matemar, wesleyv1 and Kerberos like this.