What was the last anime you completed?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by J4sm1n4, May 23, 2016.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Honestly, I can't agree or disagree with you on this. I disliked the show for very different reasons. I hadn't got that far into the story yet to witness the sexual assault. I read up on some of those controversies because to be honest, I find the craziness of its fans hilarious. SAO has had one of the most insane fanbases, so even without watching it, I got to know why people hated it so much.

Beyond any of this, I just found it extemely boring. If an anime doesn't grab my attention in the first few episodes, I'm gone. lol.

2. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Yea it wasn't towards you, but to the people you mentioned. The anime isn't for everyone, which is good. I just don't get why people get so worked up over this. I don't remember people getting worked up over The garden of sinners (Kara no Kyōkai) and that show is far more graphic with rape and mutilation. If rape was a cheap plot device in an anime it would be that show. But then again, the garden of sinners is a brilliant show. So maybe that makes it ok.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  3. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Okay, it's not terrible, I just say that to trigger people. It's average to below average.

The characters are:
    Kirito - a Gary Stu... that's it, that's his character.

Asuna - the maiden in distress, and a tsundere waifu.

Part of the problem, but far from the only one.

4. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

99% of anime produced after 2010 has stock characters like this. If that is your gripe than you chose the wrong medium. It's one of the reason I don't watch a whole lot of anime. I go to MAL see the releaselist and all anime look exactly the same. Same characters, same art style. It's been like that for years.

5. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Thank you for the insight, but I know anime just fine. I rate most of the anime I watch between average or good, and it's no coincidence that none of the anime I rate highly are the kind of anime you described.

Furthermore, no anime should be spared from being objectively criticized and called bad just because the majority of anime are bad. That's flawed reasoning.

#525 Matemar, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Raffee likes this.
  6. Raffee

Raffee Panda
    Platinum Founder

I finally finished watching Violet Evergarden in the office yesterday. It was hard trying to hide that I was crying from my co-workers. I pretended to have the flu as I kept blowing my nose non-stop lolol.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

In the office? What an absolute MADLAD!!!

Finished watching the first season of Darker than Black. Was expecting something really great but it turned out to be an okay show. Minus a few really good standalone episodes, the season didn't seem all that special.

The first season is supposed to be the best of the series, so I'll prolly begrudgingly rush through the 2nd season and the ovas.

Raffee likes this.
  8. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Watched Overlord s2 and s3.

Kilo1121 likes this.
  9. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Well, after finishing the seasons of SAO, Index and Slime I decided to start Erased which I had been saving up for such a lull. At first I didn’t think much of it, but before long it really started to get to me. You know it’s something when you start talking to the screen, “why didn’t you say something” or “what about the real murderer”. Came out good in the end although they could have made the age difference a little more subtle just to be less on the creepy side.

10. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Done with A Place Further Then The Universe. Pretty good, definitely a relatable series. Wish there wasn't so much crying tho...

11. Kilo1121

Kilo1121 Newbie

Last anime I completed was Re:Zero! It's really good! I've thoroughly enjoyed it! :D

12. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Finished Saiunkoku Monogatari, 2nd season of Aggressive Retsuko and Dororo.