What was the last anime you completed?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by J4sm1n4, May 23, 2016.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Give and take man :). Give and take :)

I plan to finish princess jellyfish by the weekend.

2. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Finished:
    Akatsuki no Yona a very disappointing reverse harem anime. The main heroine ruined the whole story. 7/10
    Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu. it was really bad. I don't even know why I finished it... 5/10
    Ayashi no Ceres a great anime. Deep and psychological story with comedy. 9/10
    Fushigi Yuugi another great anime. It's a reverse harem and the main heroine does stupid things, but you can overlook them cuz the plot is interesting 9/10
    Princess Princess very good, cute comedy with cross dressing 8/10

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Princess princess was fun! There was more to it than I expected. You might try wandering son next, similar topic.

Sorry you didn't like gonna be the twin tail. I enjoyed it.

4. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I started watching Date A Live last night for some reason, can't really remember why. It's actually a lot better than I had expected. I could do without the ecchi stuff, but it's got a good sense of humor and solid comedic timing. I'm 4 episodes in, I'm not terribly sure when I'll be getting back to it.

I just watched the first episode of Bokura ga Ita. It was alright. The plot itself is fine, but there's something about the art style that's kind of putting some strain on my eyes. That's a little bit off-putting. I'm not big on 20+ episode series either.

I'm gonna sample a few other series tonight and tomorrow morning and work through them. This is my current list:

Arslan Senki
    Break Blade
    Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma
    Golgo 13
    Inu x Boku SS (I have this listed as dropped on the first episode, but I can't remember ever watching it.)
    Jormungand
    Kimi ni Todoke (Technically, I'm halfway through this, but it's been ages, so I might have to start over.)
    Kuuchuu Buranko
    Lovely★Complex
    Nisemonogatari
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Usagi Drop (Watched the first episode years ago, but I didn't find the time to continue.)
    Toradora! (Just thinking about re-watching it, been a very long time.)

#84 Novaire, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  5. Sparkling Forklift

Sparkling Forklift i wish i was clever so i could put something here
    Gold Founder

Just feel like I should warn ya, but be aware that Nise is probably the weakest of the Monogatari series. It put me off from the series for a while, so I thought I should say it's not representative of the quality of future seasons. It was adapted from a novel the author didn't really intend to publish, it was just kinda for fun. So it has a lot more ecchi, and not a lot of actual plot or character development.

6. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

Thanks, that's kind of a bummer. I liked Bakemonogatari very much, and I still took about 8 months to consider getting into the next season. Hopefully I dont get derailed any further, or I'm never gonna get through these things.

7. Sparkling Forklift

Gold Founder

Yeah, some episodes have nice humor but overall it's pretty weak. But after that you can eventually get to Monogatari SS, which has some amazing moments. It's definitely worth trying to push through.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I just finished princess jellyfish tonight. If was cute after all :). Definitely more interesting than I thought initially. I would even recommend it to others.

Are there any ovas? I wouldn't mind a follow up on the story..

9. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

Finished bingeing kakumeiki valvrave last night, after 24 episodes and 2 seasons it was alright. There was a stage where i nearly dropped it at ep 18 but might aswell finish it. Hehe had a Code Geass fibe to it, ending wasnt the best but oh well

10. bunnydemon326

I just finished Mirai Nikki. So good. It actually gave me feels, enough to almost cry a couple of times.

11. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

I really loved Kakumeiki Valvrave! Shouko annoyed me and some things that happened were stupid, but it still was good.

12. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

Just finished Gonna be the twintail, found it really funny and entertaining. Others said it was bad so I wanted to see what it was like. If you don't try take it seriously (because it's not serious) it's just hilarious with all the sexual innuendos and perverted fetish Aliens.

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I just finished ERASED

Great show. There were a few twists I didn't see coming. I did cry at the ending, just a little. And at the end of episode eight.

Boy it deserves the praise it got. Oh and it had camera moves that were movie like as well. There were some pans and crane shots like it was a real movie.

Excellent :). Will we get an ova???

14. Sparkling Forklift

Gold Founder

There's a manga that details what happened during the coma and a novel that describes the killer's motivations. So maybe there'll be an OVA, but the series didn't do super well in Japan :/

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sparklingforklift - thanks for the info.

I'm halfway through ladies vs butler's do I should finish that soon.

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I just finished ladies vs Butlers. It didn't disappoint. In fact I was surprised it developed a story. It was cute all the way around. Warning highly ecchi and highly entertaining:)

17. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

just finished macross frontier. It was my first mecha/music anime but man was it good, probs 9/10

18. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

Just finished up Witch Craft Works. Short little anime that has some nice art and bright colors. MC gets thrown into a crazy life under constant attack after tower witches show up trying to capture him to get his power. Essentially dormant magical energy sealed away inside him. MC is under the protection of the workshop witches to who seek to protect and as said before hes being hunted by the tower witches who seek power.

19. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

The last anime I completed was Aldnoah Zero. It was great up until the second half and then it got stupid. Yes, I know, it's been like... 2+ years since it ended. I haven't watched any new anime since then.

20. Enies

Enies Famous Member

It's phenomenal imo, I think the mediocre/negative reviews are undeserved. And it's disappointing/surprising that not many people are talking about, but I guess people rather talk about Atttack on titan or some other mediocre anime. I binge watched the entire thing, but yeah I recommend doing that the animation is stellar too. And I don't really watch much anime, only once in a while after something really good comes out that grabs my interest.

Aldnoah was good but It was hard to enjoy the show with such awful character designs.