What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Shadow Fox, May 27, 2016.

1. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

So, what was the last movie that you watched? Did you enjoy the movie enough to recommend it to anyone?

The last movie I watched was Captain America: Civil War.
    I wouldn't recommend it unless you really like Captain America Movies and I have found all of them extremely boring. This movie was basically a real disappointment for me because of how cool it actually looked. There is a fight scene or two that is pretty good, but overall the movie was kind of, meh for me.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

X Men Apocalypse. I've now decided never to go watch an X Men movie in theatres again unless its a Wolverine movie. I mean I knew it'd be bland but apart from Hugh Jackman running in his knickers (which looks bloody hilarious) I found the rest of the movie to be a bore. However, the character Apocalypse felt fresh.

3. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

I'm in the middle of a random Daniel Radcliffe movie called horns.

Long story short he woke up with horns and since everyone is confessing their darkest desires to him and acting on them.

Its interesting to say the least. I'd recommend it to some but not everyone I guess?

4. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Last movie I saw was Captain America: Civil War, and I really enjoyed it. I really like Cap in the movies, and Chris Evans does a great job in the role. I've come to enjoy to Cap movies more than the Iron Man ones, which turned to butts after the first one, and I actually didn't really care much for the first Captain America movie at all.

Getting a preview of the new Spidey was cool, and I'm now confident Tom Holland is a good choice for the role. He was hilarious. But the new Aunt May is way too hot (played by Marissa Tomei FYI, who I've loved since My Cousin Vinny).

Black Panther was kinda cheesy, but I'll probably see his movie too.

Overall a pretty good movie, if not terribly ambitious, as things were kept relatively low-key.

5. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Jon Carpenters The Thing. My favorite movie of all time.

I finally found it on Kodi, and can stream it to my hearts content. I will probably now watch this once a week for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. So freaking happy.

6. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Short peace. Kinda like the animatrix but no over arching theme

7. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

This is my favourite horror movie of all time!

The blood scene terrified me when I first saw it!

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  8. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

As far as new movies go, the last one I watched was Captain America: Civil War. For me I felt it was one of the better Captain America movies even though it's really more of an Avengers one. My largest complaint was the main villain's plan had Ironman not showed up.

Otherwise, the last movie I've seen was Brass Teapot on Netflix. A young couple acquire a teapot that dispenses money when near physical pain. The story is not bad as it starts to bring out the characters' natures and motives.

#8 Randoms, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  9. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

The Great Gatsby. The one starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Some of the cinematography was really beautiful and it was a fairly solid film. But I couldn't stand the rap and hip-hop. I get that they're trying to make it accessible for modern audiences, but hearing rap music in the middle of a 1920's setting is completely incongruous and off putting. Not to mention a few car racing scenes that made me think I was watching The Fast and Furious instead. It probably isn't the sort of novel that lends itself to a film adaption, it's much better to read it instead.

Anyway, on a lighter note I also watched The Big Sleep recently, the one with Humphrey Bogart. I recently had to start watching a few noir films for one of my University courses but I started to genuinely enjoy them. Somewhat 'cheesy' by today's standards, but I really liked it.

10. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Captain America: Civil War. Definitely a fun movie that I enjoyed a whole bunch. I do have problems with the character motivations. Oh and while it was advertised to be Civil War, it landed up being more like a sibling rivalry.

11. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

I love that film. It's a bit stagey looking compared to modern films, but the dialogue's still brilliant.

12. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

In theaters: Captain America Civil War. It was disappointing to me. The Civil War timeline was my favorite timeline ever done by Marvel, so to see it changed was little frustrating. From a different perspective, I know i would have really liked it if I never read the Civil War comics. Lots of fun action scenes, light comedy.

What bothers me the most is:

Black Widow being on Tony's side, because that was completely garbage and 250% unbelievable; it was entirely against her character and what she is about. Well I suppose not entirely.

13. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

saw on dvd yesterday.. Bridge to Terabithia

I didn't read the book prior.. The movie is very sad. Acting was well done but the movie was indeed sad.

14. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Dam that movie :(

15. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

I remember being forced to read the book in elementary school. Like every book they make you read as a kid is sad and/or really fucked up, like they want to teach you that the world is exactly like that: just sad and miserable and fucked.

16. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

I really didn't expect the twist in the movie and it threw me for sure.. I thought initially from the trailer, it was more mythical world but wow.. no words.

17. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Xmen alpaca lips.

It was alright, nightcrawler (my fave xman fyi) was an adorable cinnamon bun and everyone else was there.

Im not sure how i feel about this retelling in general though. Jean greys solution really came out of nowhere and felt more like an easter egg than a real climax.

18. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Spend my evening watching Lethal weapon. Roger reminded me of @Dunn's sarcasm-free version :D

19. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I think it was probably Captain America: Civil War. I haven't been watching many films as of late, but that was good. That big fight is probably my favorite superhero film battle, everyone gets a good amount of screen time. I've really loved Paul Rudd in the MCU.

20. Enies

Enies Famous Member

deapool. Shitty movie. As if my disinterest in superhero movies wasn't already giving me enough reason to be wary of this. but this is pretty much a contrived/edgy movie triyng to come off as an alternative to the mainstream comic book movies ( i believe that award is taken by dredd sorry. dredd is the best comic book movie btw). I don't think reynalds did a terrible job in what he was supposed to do, but I really stopped giving a shit about his performance by the end of it given how lame the plot was . I can't trust RT anymore with their reviews either. So it brings me to my next movie

ipman 3- was kind of expecting this to be awful, but christ. The series hasn't been good since the first one. I guess the last GOOD movie i saw would be the revenant. Beautifully shot as expected from one of the best cinematographers in the industry.

I might give captain america a try but I'm skeptical of watching that too. X-men is getting mixed review so I'm eh with that too.