Wixoss Diva(A) Live

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by yoda313, Feb 1, 2021.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41521/WIXOSS_DivaALive

Synopsis
    The story moves the "Wixoss" card game to the online virtual space of "Wixossland" as it continues to grow more popular. The game allows players to become the LRIG avatars themselves. The most popular format in the game is "Diva Battle," which allows three players to team up to compete against other units for the most "Selector" fans. Some units are idol-themed, while others are DJ- and band-themed.

(Source: ANN)

This is a fun one. It doesn't have the gut punch of the prior wixoss series. This follows a vr game of wixoss. The main character is ditzy as all get out but its a fun romp.

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

this is no where near as emotional as the other wixoss series. But it has had its moments. It lacks the life and death and the mysterious elements from the earlier shows. But this has found its core. Its got group dynamics. Its also got some more personal motivation that was lacking early on.

I'm not sure if it's in the same universe. As far as I can tell its a side project. I think once I stopped comparing it I was able to enjoy it more.