Rom-Com Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (It's Difficult to Love an Otaku)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Tonto-banchou, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (It's Difficult to Love an Otaku)

[​IMG]

Genre: Comedy, Romance
    Studio: A-1 Pictures
    Source: Web Manga
    Air Date: April 13, 2018

Synopsis
    Secret fujoshi Narumi and closet game otaku Hirotaka find out they both work at the same company after separating in midddle school. The two begin dating after a couple of post-work drinking sessions, but will both nerds find a way to make the relationship work?

PV

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Opening

"Fiction" by Sumika

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Ending

"Kimi no Tonari" by halca

3. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

This anime is going to be great. Especially if they make a lot of legit anime references like they did in the first episode.

When Hanako found out Narumi was the 000-san I was done. Not only the little video game "boops" but when Narumi bit her lip so hard she was bleeding! ROFL So funny.

Then Narumi asking Hirotaka for help like a distressed Heroine only wanting to get a Ruby in a game lol. Classic stuff. Ill be keeping on this anime for sure.

4. Tonto-banchou

This anime is too intense for me, goddamn.

[​IMG]

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Opening FULL「Fiction」by Sumika

6. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

That girl agrees that Kato is best girl in Saekano. Clearly she knows her shit.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Wow A Macross reference! lol so that's the kind of girl Kabakura likes. Seems like Kabakura and Hirotaka should have switched girlfriends but hell I like how they each pair with each other.

"These tits are amazing!" LULZ!

[​IMG]
    INEXCUSABLE!

Hanako showed more human emotions after alcohol and finally let out her emotions that she's scared that Kabakura would leave her. I feel like thats most females logic when it comes to their boyfriends even when their boyfriends say "Ill be with you forever" "I love you" etc etc.

Kabakura embracing her at the end was enough of an apology.

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Ending Full

Kimi no Tonari by halca

9. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The anime's four Blu-ray Disc and DVD volume release has been delayed due to "production circumstances." They're now slated for September-December period.

10. Tonto-banchou

Is it weird I'm still watching this show for the side pairing only? The main couple's alright and the otaku shout-outs are fun, but it's really Kabakura and Hanako who give this show life. If those two aren't in the scene, things get boring and awkward fast.

11. Grungie

Contributor

Naru x Hana is the real ship here.

12. Tonto-banchou

13. Grungie

Contributor

True, Hana would be the dominant one.

14. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

REVIEW

Story 9/10: The Story was really simple. Just a couple of childhood friends who rekindle a friendship at work which ends up resulting in a relationship. Along with another couple who they work with the anime follows the daily lvies of these four Otaku and the struggles of dating an Otaku.

Art and Animation 9/10: Very clear, clean, and crisp. This anime was very easy on the eyes. With A-1 producing it I did not expect anything less.

Sound and Music 10/10: The opening is probably the best of the season. the song is super catchy and you basically just want to get up and dance with the characters. The music throughout the series is not really noticeable which is not a bad thing. The voice actors did a tremendous job.

Characters 10/10: The broke down the dynamic of anime fans pretty well minus our two female leads. They were even able to work in a "Non-Otaku" to make it feel more real in my eyes.

You have your two fujoshi fan girls in Narumi and Koyonagi who at most times disagreed with who they "ship" in certain series.

Narumi you find out right away is a Doujinshi Artist.
    Koyonagi's hobby gets found out pretty quickly as well, as we find out she is a popular cosplayer. I would have liked if the anime went more into these two and their hobbies but they did enough in my eyes for how the anime turned out.

We then have Hirotaka who has a more laid back and chilled personality and focuses his time on games. IE the game Otaku. He and Narumi are dating.

Then have Kabukura who is the boss at the office that they all work at. He is dating Koyonagi.
    Kabukura is basically your average Otaku. He prefers Yuri manga and anime. His clashes with Koyonagi can be pretty funny at times. There are some serious moments between them as well which really make the anime feel more realistic.

Bringing back the "Non-Otaku" we come to find out about Hirotaka's younger brother Naoya. Naoya works at a local coffee shop near the office that our main characters work at. He has absolutely no skills when it comes to playing video games or when it comes to watching anime. They even refer to him as a "Normie" in the anime which I found pretty funny.

He eventually meet Kou Sakuragi a classmate of his and they form a friendship over a PC game.

I was kind of upset that Kou was introduced so late because I liked the character a lot.

Enjoyment 10/10: I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. I though the comedy was really well done and I love it when an anime makes references to other anime.

Overall 10/10:
    I thought this was one of the best anime in Spring 2018. However this anime is not for everyone. I feel like it's more for people who can relate being an Otaku. There's just certain references I feel like most anime watchers would not understand.
    If you are looking for a great comedy though I would recommend it.

15. Tonto-banchou

I like Kabakura, he was always such a bro. We even share the same zodiac sign, so that's even cooler. But wow, when Hana told him all that stuff about him finding it difficult to say the word 'like,' or how he likes to have fun by himself instead of sharing it with others, that shit hit me. This guy is me and I love it.