Action Youjo Senki

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

(Source: ANN)

Trailer

Air Date: Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

Well, expecting this to be one of the standouts from winter 2017. Heard really good things about the light novel regarding its detail about military tactics and an interesting main character in Tanya.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

5hrs to the first episode. Fingers crossed.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Not completely sure of what I just saw but I guess I'll be waiting for the 2nd episode.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Gave the first episode a 2nd watch. My only gripe for now are the primary character designs. But I guess it'll be easy to overlook that if the story gets more interesting. I guess I'll have to reserve my expectations for this show.

5. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Yeah im not sure what the deeper plot is yet either,I hope there is one. Cuz this anime has potential. I like the main character.

Moe likes this.
  6. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

kinda got the same feeling I got from watching house of cards... main character is evil but it was awesome lol.

pleasantly surprised with this one, but only because I didn't have any expectations at all of it. Could go either way depending on what the story is like.

7. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Kinda 50/50 with this one...decent first episode. The main girl reminds of Shana, from Shakugan no Shana in a OP and evil kinda way. Determined to get shit done, headstrong and a complete powerhouse for her stature. That's what I got from the first episode at least. I was gonna add, and also cares about her comrades...but fuckkkk

Could've used a better introduction though...I forgot everybody's name already and I didn't find the overall plan of theirs to be all that convincing.

I really liked the other girl with the droopy eyes...I'm hoping and guessing that she'll be her righthand woman, throughout this series. When you have a feisty little demon, like the MC. I really prefer this sort of character over the comedic relief or the same type as our main girl in question.

Animation was on point. But the genre and artwork (some times) is not something I'm usually looking for, in general. And the story thus far and the synopsis given beforehand, isn't really my cup of tea either.

That being said...I'm definitely giving this the 3 episodes rule.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Nifty prologue plus that MYTH & ROID OP kicked in. I think I'm getting a hang of the mage concept.

[​IMG]

Talking pigeons ftw

[​IMG]

JoJo likes this.
  9. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Her expression at the end is priceless.
    [​IMG]

JoJo likes this.
  10. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Should I watch this or nah? Ive seen screen shots but im iffy about it.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

I'm not completely sold on the plot to be honest. Plus the studio took the liberty of altering the original manga artwork. Its warfare+magic and the MC is ruthless.

12. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Watch it, for once you'd want to main character to die.

13. Shanigami

Gold Founder

I'm really enjoying this series. The backstory on Tanya was interesting, although some of the points they tried to make about faith were dumb, but not a big deal.

I like the magic air battles they've done so far, although the different flight machines they've shown so far don't make a lot of sense in how they have really obvious weaknesses. The skis seem the least flawed to me so far.

I also don't really get all the hate Tanya gets. Originally she was just a guy who followed the rules and did his job at work, trying to work his way up the corporate ladder to have an easy life. Now she's just a girl trying to follow the rules and work her way up the ranks in the military so she can have an easy life. She may be ruthless, cold and calculating, but that doesn't really make someone a bad person. It's not like she goes out of her way to hurt people or ruin their lives, although anything could happen as the season goes on.

Speaking of he's and she's, I was surprised that they they didn't say anything at all about him being reborn as a girl. It was just something that happened, and then who cares. Based off other anime I've seen, I expected a "Omg I'm a grill now" moment followed by Yuri and/or fanservice.

Also, more Myth&Roid. Yay :)

14. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Episode 2 blew episode 1 straight outta the water...interesting take on reincarnation, and a nice prologue after they dropped you dead smack in the middle of the war. That was much needed imo, and to do it straight after are bonus points. The MC was you're perfect employee of the month type of
    guy
    and now has a chance to be something else...in another life but hey, if life gives you lemonades...you drink tequila.

I'm starting to like this one...but no more talking pigeons please...that was...just don't

#14 JoJo, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Kuze likes this.
  15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

But...but talking pigeons are the bomb.

JoJo likes this.
  16. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Ok first I would like to say how excited I was to hear Ootsuka, Houchuu as one of the characters, love love loe his voice acting. He has a nice and very distinctive voice.

Anyhoo, I am intrigued as to where this anime will go I have only watched the first episode. I am not hot on the religious undertones but I can live with it. The clouds especially were well drawn and defined, someone spent a lot of time on them, lol. The colors seem to be nice and in line with what you would expect form a battle with pops of color here and there with eye color and the magic they use.

I was really able to see how young she is for just a moment at the end of the first show. She knew there was a possibility of the mage soldiers dying and when she found out they died the look on her face was defiantly the look of a psychopath however I felt it showed her immaturity as well. Tanya also seemed to listen pretty quickly to the brunette, I am unsure what her relationship is, if they even have one, with the brunette woman but I assume that will be explained later. I will watch some more episodes before I make a decision.

17. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

No I don't want no pigeons...

Kuze likes this.
  18. Shanigami

Gold Founder

@Kuze @JoJo I'm with Kuze, we definitely need some more talking pigeons, or any other birds and/or creepy/awesome things.

Would be funny if God decided to talk to Tanya in the middle of a battle in the air, and a whole flock of birds just happens to be there. :LOL:

Kuze likes this.
  19. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Yare yare, such an oddball show. That God sure is desperate for a convert. I like how they added light novel designs of Tanya in the ED. The anime got it a bit wrong with the hair.

I guess the fun begins from here. Rapid Response Team is a go.

20. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Ep 3:
    lol I loved the part where it cut from her being in the office thinking about how easy her rear deployment will be, to her flying around crazy in the air. Made me jump a little just from how abrupt it was.

Seems like X is going for more than just converting her at this point, based off of how
    when it told her she had to pray to use her super jewel, and then to go "and spread the name of God". Seems more like she's being set up as a tool to convert other people to worshiping X than just herself. Doing all this seems like a lot of work for just one person, especially when X said itself that it can't administer all 7 billion people in the previous world.

Dat nutcracker though (y)

I also enjoyed the LN designs of Tanya, the hair is definitely a little off in the anime and kind of takes away from her intensity, but anime designs are always less detailed than their source, and they at least got the messy kind of style down.
    I grabbed a few of my favorite LN pics they showed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dat Ponytail :love:

Also, the ED song is great, even greater than the Myth&Roid OP to me. And it fits the show very well.

I feel at this point like I'm just saying that I like everything about this show....but oh well I guess I do. Can't wait for next week.

Deus lo volt! O7

Moe likes this.