Action Youjo Senki

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Much better than birds in the sky.

Shanigami likes this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast For Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime

Funimation announced the English dub cast on Saturday for the Saga of Tanya the Evil anime series. The English dub cast for Saga of Tanya the Evil, under ADR director Jeremy Inman, ADR engineer Ben Tehrani, and mix engineer Nathanael Harrison, includes:

The English simuldub will premiere on Monday at 10:00 p.m. EST. The anime premiered in Japan on January 6, and Crunchyroll is streaming the series as it airs with subtitles.

Further read: here

3. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

It's slightly disappointing that Crunchyroll don't seem to be streaming the little omake shorts for the series. They don't add a whole lot, but the one with Viktoria's journal where she's doing ridiculous mental gymnastics to try and convince herself that Tanya isn't evil made me laugh.

4. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Decent episode...not as good as the one last week, but we got to see some interesting stuff...And being X was just, being X travagant
    Sigh...I should not have done that...

I honestly expected a tad more, especially given last week's episode...but I thought the professor was a nice change in characters and we got to see droopy eyed girl again, which is a plus. Really hope that our MC moving out, doesn't mean the end of her screen time.

5. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

sounds funny, I'll have to check those out now.

Never apologize for bad puns. I will always appreciate them (and how bad they are).

I don't think we have to worry about not seeing Tanya, she will be interesting everywhere she goes. Also, the next episode is called "Campus Life" so I expect well get to see her destroying some of her classmates, before being called back to the front lines lol. (y)

JoJo likes this.
  6. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Not sure if I said this already or not, but this is easily the best anime this season.

Catchy as hell ending.

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I'm still in 2 minds about this show. The quality keeps fluctuating each episode + the little girl card. I guess I can't drop this now.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

just finished first two eps because it was recommended to me.

its interesting. it's certainly not what i expected. the art style is also a bit jarring. the facial style is quite different. im not completely against it but its not my favorite style. i am glad they don't have pointy noses though. I totally hate pointy noises. i think one of the macross series has pointy noises so that will be hard to watch whenever i get to it.

unfortunately i love strike witches so much so I won't be able to watch this series in a vacuum. in the back of mind III be comparing it to sw somehow. its not fair but im sure ill be doing that.

9. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I can't compare this to Strike Witches, no pantsu are in this, well they are hidden and SW was a great series but I'm comparing this to the war anime from the previous season, the last witch one. This one is doing a good job of outclassing it.

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

last witch??? is it anything like maria the virgin witch? that was a top notch series.

i get what you mean about sw and this series. its just to me miyafugi and the new gal from brave witches are the definition of air superiority!!!

11. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33433/Shuumatsu_no_Izetta

No, no it's nothing like Maria the Virgin Witch.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

13. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

From a growth perspective, this show isn't going anywhere for now. But I'm loving the fireworks. Guess the fights are gonna get more intense.

14. Shanigami

Gold Founder

It does kind of sound that way, but that's just because they have a similar premise (magical girl fighting in world war 1/2 setting), but other than that they aren't really anything alike. The themes, tone, and characters are very different, and (in my opinion) youjo senki is good while Izetta is not. I would actually say that Izetta feels closer to Maria the virgin witch.

What do you mean by growth? Like character growth or something else? I'm looking forward to more fights too.

I was kind of confused near the end of this episode (5) when they were about to make the announcement to the factory people. Tanya scolds Viktoria (second lieutenant girl) for wanting to attack without following international wartime law, and then tells Weiss (first lieutenant guy) that he plays by the book too much., Which doesn't make any sense to me since Tanya is literally playing by the book as well. Although Tanya is following the ethics book and Weiss is following the war strategy book, so that might be what they meant now that I think about it.

Speaking of the announcement part, I thought it was great how she used the little girl voice for it, and the reactions afterwords were funny too.

15. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Character growth mainly. Cause I'm getting tired of watching Tanya's antics. I read a manga review where we are supposed to witness Tanya's brilliance in tactical warfare and decision making but up until now we've seen pretty little of that. I hope the 2nd half gets into it quick.

Shanigami likes this.
  16. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I honestly love the art style it's taking, a lot of anime has the same art direction so I am glad this is doing that differently. Whether it's good or bad is personal opinion.

I guess it's not usual, but I do always tend to find the side characters more interesting then the main. No differences here, I love what's her name...
    [​IMG]

Her, also fuck you guys for not liking the art style. XD

17. Shanigami

Gold Founder

oh I see what you mean. I do feel like there was some character development this episode though. Tanya didn't want to go back to the front lines at all, and was doing everything she could to postpone it, but it seemed like towards the end of the episode she was enjoying it, although it could have been just because it wasn't a dangerous situation. Either way it kind of seems like it was a transition phase from what she was like before to what you've been waiting for. I appreciate it being done that way, because having her just suddenly change wouldn't make sense, and doing a time jump to the future when she's like that would be annoying. Don't know how much content there is for this, but maybe it would have been better as a 2-cour.

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

thats a great rec in my book. i adored maria the virgin witch. thanks.

i dont like the faces of the girls but it doesn't bother me that much. its just different. the rest of the style is good to me.

19. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

I like the way the show treats mage warfare as something new and experimental, it's a nice parallel with the actual development of aircraft combat in world war one. Also appreciated that, unlike Gate, we weren't asked to cheer when our protagonists started mowing down enemies who posed them little threat this week.

20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

the conventions of war was an interesting add on too.