Mystery Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

Inaba Yuushi is finally preparing for life in high school by moving out of his relatives house and into the school dormitory. But an unfortunate turn of events and the dormitory's burnt to the ground even before Yuushi could move in. Having lived with his uncaring relatives for the better part of middle school after his parents passed away, Yuushi looks for a better alternative. He finally stumbles upon an old building that apparently houses supernatural creatures. Along with Akine, a cute high school girl and a lodger just like him, Yuushi spends the better part of his high school life interacting with spirits and the like.

Trailer
    :

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

Air Date: Jul 3, 2017

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Episode 1 was really good! It has such an old school feel to it but is still able to keep with the current day vibe. I loved episode 1. Those birds had me crying. Really looking forward to the rest of this anime.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This is fun.

I had vibes of flying witch and a touch of that senpai one where the guy was in love with the bookreader. Damn cant remember the name right now oh yeah kawaii complex!

Ill definitely stick with this one. (Probably the dorm aspect is why i thought of the kawaii complex and there might be something brewing already in the relationship department :D)

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how more of the Yokai were involved. Ruriko is freaking adorable...and all you can see are her hands!!!

The birds man, oh my lord they had me cracking up in the beginning.

The show gets pretty deep at points which i like as well.

Man
    shit got pretty serious, I thought it was gonna get cliche and he'd save the girl but nope she straight got hit by that bike, that was pretty rough.

Now we have more questions with what did he really do, and how does he have these powers?

Im looking forward to the rest of this series.

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - yeah i didn't expect that twist in ep 2. This actually has something to it. It has a nice feeling to it so far.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Damn dude this episode was fucking deep. Like for one it showed the love and connection between a man and his dog, even if that man was a child. Dude Shiro Ripped the mothers throat out...Holy shit.

Then the connection between a Mother, and in Yuushis case, a family and their child. Was really well done. I'm glad Akine was there to support him

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai - yep I'm surprised with this series. I'm actually still getting kawaii complex vibes even though its not a love story (not yet anyway). I think its because its not a school anime yet and its got weird characters. I figured this was just going to be a case for cheap gags and some one liners now and then. Wasn't expecting this.

Oh and a touch of flying witch too :) :)

8. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Yo things are getting so serious!

I almost bawled my eyes out hearing about Ruriko's past. T_T How tragic.

Then my man realizes how much of a good thing he had at the Yokai Apartments, but he still needed to do the Adult thing an move on. Thats what I like about Yushi. Him being a mature teenager is really something you don't see in anime now a days.

Looks like things calm down next week...I miss those birds already T_T

9. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I had an hour to help keep me on track and I decided to try this anime and really enjoy it so far. I like how it breaks your heart with Kuri and Shiro and lifts you up with those cute little birds in the mornings. I am really enjoying the show and am curious where is will lead to. I want to know more about all the characters past.

Really glad I gave this one a shot.

yoda313 likes this.
  10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai -

i have m7xed feelings aboutthem saying him getting in a fight was a good thing. I mean i know sticking up for yourself is important but still. And whst sbout that prayer the girl gave? I cant imagine we'll see the end of this.

So this is and odd pace to the show. Im interested in seeing where it goes from here.

11. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

So this episode was a bit boring for me, but it was laying out the path for him to go back to the Yokai apartments. Like Yuushi was really going to stay away.

I am not sure what to think of Mizuki is he really friends with Yuushi or is something else up with him? He just gives off this odd stalker like quality, not sure why because they haven't shown him stalking anyone. But there is something off about him and his interactions with Yuushi. Prove me me wrong Mizuki, prove me wrong.

Oh and his female cousin, not even worth my time to remember her name she makes me so irritated, she actually thought he would come back to visit?

I want an episode for the long haired psychic I bet he has some stuff he is hiding.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@narika - it may have been slow but it was character building :)

Im really surprised by this series. I wholly expected an ecchi romcom. Nice to be surprised.

And its not a school anime! Woohoo! 90% of it isnt at least.

13. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Apāto no Yūga na Nichijō (Elegant Yokai Apartment Life) has been confirmed to run for two consecutive cours (quarters of a year). The second cour will premiere in October.

Confirmation on Official Site: here

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Cool! Thanks for the info kuze.

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I was hoping for a 2 Cour, especially now since the story is starting to pick up. it would have been weird to end it at episode 12 or 13.

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Yep :)

I was surprised this took on a real heir of quality about it that came out of nowhere.

17. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Another great opening theme

Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou OP Full 『妖怪アパートの幽雅な日常 OP』Good Night Mare

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Cool episode :)

Had a
    doctor strange moment there with the trance and those letters

Cant wait for more!

19. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Agreed, very good episode.
    This was my favorite part.
    [​IMG]
    So cute!!!

Narilka and yoda313 like this.
  20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ep 9 just came out.

Wow im always surprised by how this show actually tackles real world stuff like figuring out how you should live your life and things like that.

And now a possible mini
    cliffhanger ending with dark aura around the school?

Stop what your doing and watch this series now!