Rom-Com Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Genre: Romance, School, Comedy.

Studio: Lerche

Source: Light Novel

Synopsis
    Koudo Ikusei Senior High School is a leading prestigious school with state-of-the-art facilities where nearly 100% of students go on to university or find employment. The students there have the freedom to wear any hairstyle and bring any personal effects they desire. Koudo Ikusei is a paradise-like school, but the truth is that only the most superior of students receive favorable treatment.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a student of D-class, which is where the school dumps its "inferior" students in order to ridicule them. For a certain reason, Kiyotaka was careless on his entrance examination, and was put in D-class. After meeting Horikita Suzune and Kushida Kikyou, two other students in his class, Kiyotaka's situation begins to change.

(Source: ANN) (Via Myanimelist)

#1 Sora Senpai, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Air Date is Jul 12, 2017.

3. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Yes episode 1 did not disappoint! Loved this, and I am in love with Horikita and Ayanokouji. Also sensei...holy shit Sensei is a freaking GODDESS!!!

Looking forward to see how these kids handle the harsh reality they're about to go through.

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I was wondering when Suzune's views of Ayanokouji's upper body would come back into play. But damn my man has some moves! That caught me completely off guard. Actually was really cool.

Aww man Suzune in that swimsuit though <3 I am in love with her eyes.

I liked the text message moments between Suzuna and Ayanokouji. I was rolling when she was answering him before even sending the message lol.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The opening theme song Cast Room by ZAQ is out (or most of it).

6. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

I'll give it a go, I hope the MC is interesting.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

So Kushida is kind of a Bitch...wow I did not see that coming at all. Crazy twist!

I was just enjoying Ayanakoji and Horikta's interactions with each other. I feel like their bond is growing even with her stabbing him in the park lol.\

Sensei is such a good Antagonist. I wonder if something outside of the point system would affect her students she's help them out. Such as being injured.

8. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

This shows really great, just finished episode 3
    I knew that Kushida was gonna be the worst since the start, the super nice people are always evil in these shows.

Are not many people watching this show? because im surprised to see so little conversation about it, its one of the best shows this season.

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I just havent had many people to talk to about it. But I agree it is top 5 of the season imo.

10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Damn is this going to hurt or help Ayanokoji and Horikta's relationship? Fuck I know it's Canon but damn they go so well together!!!! Though I wouldn't mind seeing him end up with Sakura, she's pretty great as well. But seriously Horikta is on another level of beauty!

Damn the music for this episode was really good. Also just the noise from the rain and the BGM, very well done.

Glad Kushida was not in this episode. Goes to show how irrelevant she really is in this series. Well maybe not irrelevant, but obviously not as important as Ayanokoji and Horikta

11. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e ED Full「Beautiful Soldier」by Minami

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Hilarious episode. Plus we got to see the babes in Bikinis. Win Win.
    Horikita in that Swimsuit. Gahh the best. Everyone else is just over done with big ass titties. Although I did like Sakura's swim attire lol Her little playfulness at the end was cute

I feel as though this episode proved that Ayanokoji is somewhat interesting in Horikita.

That Horikita smile at the end. <333

That 20mil points picture in the middle of the episode...probably important lol.

#12 Sora Senpai, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  13. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai I feel that Sakura is a little bit... in the way maybe? I don't know, I never liked mousey girls. I really like Horikita. Do you think that she will end up with Ayanokoji will end up together? They both seem really indifferent to almost everything that it is difficult to tell.

14. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Apparently this episode was supposed to be focused on the girl who was with her boyfriend in the beginning of the episode. I don't remember her name but she's going out with the dude who was the "leader" of the class. Well the focus was more on Horikita in this episode. While I don't think we'll have a solid conclusion on a relationship I really do see these two ending up together. Ayanokoji pushing her into the pool and then Horikita pulling him in proved that they do enjoy being around each other at least.

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Story 8/10: It can be compared to Baka and Test in the sense where lower ranked classes are competing to gain access into the higher ranked classes. However Classroom of the Elite takes a little more of the serious route. These children are fighting to go up the ranks so they can either attend a prestigious college or work for a high ranked company or government position.
    Add in the usage of points and the process of gaining and losing points needed to survive in the school and it adds for an intriguing story. The development for the main characters and some of the side characters was really well done.

Art and Animation 10/10: Very smooth and really beautiful. Honestly it's Lerche's best work in my opinion. The faces especially the eyes were really awesome to look at.

Sound and Music 10/10: The BGM was fantastic. A lot of piano work and a little bit of guitar as well. Add in one of the best if not THE best opening of the Summer season along with a really good ending song and you have 10/10 in the music and sound department.

Characters and VA's 10/10: I loved how most of the characters had secrets and some even had some dark side to them. While the characters showed certain characteristics at times, no one character fit a certain mold. IE a tsundere, deredere etc. Ayanokoji and Horikita were two of the coolest characters I've seen in 2017 not just in summer but the whole year.

Enjoyment 10/10: This was one of the few anime where if I was not able to watch it right away my day would be ruined. Seriously this anime was that enjoyable. Each week failed to disappoint.

Overall 10/10: I do not want to use any spoilers for my overall view of this anime so the only thing I can give you is to not go into this anime thinking it's going to be another Serious High School Harem anime. It's much more then that. With a lot of kick-ass moments and a few sweet moments thrown in Classroom of the Elite is easily one of the best anime of 2017.