Slice of Life Yuru Camp△

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 3, 2018.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Thanks griffmeister - i'll definitely go through the others. I think the only reason i didnt skip this one was the length was long for the end credits so i was curious.

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This is so fun!,,,,,

ep 9
    want to go punk? Doggy jerks to the doggy temple :d

This is so fun :) i actually snacked on beef jerky while watching tonight :D i wanted to that the other week but i couldn't find it :D it had tipped over on the counter and was hidden behind something at the time. But it was fun this time. Fyi i took a walk through a park today and had the jerky there as well :)

I can't wait for more -
    and theyre gonns try to all get together :D

3. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

No hot springs at the park?

Looks like Rin might be warming up to the idea of having company, maybe.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

We can only hope :)

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Aww it's so cute!

I love seeing rinchan ruffled and not in control :D boy theyre fiting on all cylinders now :) i cant wait for the next episode.

6. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Mmmmm, bacon and beer.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I love the recognition scene :D it doesn't have much in the way of giant lol moments but there are plenty of laughs to be had :)

8. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Yuru Camp Summary/Review

Story 10/10 Honestly it's a really nice story. You have Nadeshiko who becomes interested in camping after seeing Rin solo camping. Which results in her joining the Outdoors Club, which is basically just a camping club, and we get to see not only her but the other girls learn about camping, take on responsibilities in life, and become closer as friends.
    I also showed this anime to a friend of mine who camps on a regular basis and he told me that most of the situations when it comes to Camping is accurate in this anime.

Art and Animation 10/10 I felt like the animation was simple which is not a bad thing. It was really unique as well, I don't think I watched an anime before with this sort of animation and character design. It was really enjoyable. The background images were fantastic as well. I enjoyed how the camp sites were still frames and not animated. It actually made it feel more real.

Sound 10/10 I really enjoyed the OST for this anime. So much I bought the CD with every song on it. Super Enjoyable. Add in the fact that the Opening was probably the best opening of the season and the Ending was very nice to listen too.

Characters 10/10 The five main high school girls are so awesome. Rin and Ena had their close nit relationship while Chiaki and Aoi had theirs, Nadeshiko was the glue which brought all of them together which I really enjoyed. Add in Toba-Sensei and Sakura (Nadeshiko's older sister) and you really have one awesome cast of characters.

Enjoyment 10/10 I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. It's nice to not have to watch an anime and stress over "Is this person going to die" or "Please let my ship happen." No man just watching a nice slice of life anime is enough sometimes.

Overall 10/10 Overall I would consider this a Masterpiece of an anime when it comes to the slice of life genre. The fact that people not only in Japan but all over the world are being inspired to go outdoors after watching this anime is awesome. Oh yeah...AND IN THE WINTER TOO!!!

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai - you only gave it a 10 out of ten???? For shame :D

This is right up there with flying witch. Its just such a relaxing show to watch. And rin-chan is hilarious with her holier than though initial attitude but gets her own comeuppance niw and then too. I dont mean that in any negative way to her character. She just seems more aloof than the rest but that's part of her cgarm that she eventually gets along with everyone.

By the way last weekend i did my own mini laid back camp adventure. On st patricks day i got up at 5am and headed out to my local metro park for the sunrise. I had my tripod, blanket, hot cocoa and beef jerky! It was an amazing morning. I actually watched some swans wake up just before the sunrise. The reflections off the lake were just phenomenal.

I did one previous sunriseb shoot last fall and that was s great time too, albeit warmer :D i totally froze last weekend. I couldn't feel my toes after the two hours i was there. But it was so worth it. I was actually silently cursing the clouds that were rolling in but they stayed away from the sun just enough. They were fantastic in the pictures. I wanted to clone myself so i could just enjoy it and take pictures too. I endedup with over 300 shots :)

Any way laid back camp is one of those rare jems. It just hit the right notes. It wasnt so slow that you were screaming for something to happen. But it wasnt strictly slapstick either. It was a nice mix.

10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@yoda313 I give it a Billion out of a Billion!

yoda313 likes this.
  11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Now you're talking! I second that :)

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Omg they have a live action series of the voice actress for nadeshiko camping at mt fuji for real!!!!!!! Its so cute :) when did this show up on crunchyroll???? You must watch it. Theyre only about 4 minutes each for a total of 6 videos.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Whats it called Yoda?

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Its the actress' name and then "beginner solo camping". They got a great day by mt fuji. Looks just like the show :)

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

its on Crunchyroll???

16. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

And they also have a preorder for a Nadeshiko figurine with camping accessories.

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Sweet :) too bad i got to cut back on spending.

@sora - yep!

18. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Well you’re the one that had to build that gaming computer. Where’s your priorities?

19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I also contributed to this years kickstarter for rifftrax. I am spread too thin! :D but im getting my real name in the credits on space mutiny which will be awesome :)

Sorry back on topic.

This weekend or next im going to a metro park on the lake. Im actually getting a hotel for thisso i can take pictures at sunset and sunrise. Ill be enjoying this :) as long as its not a rainout im going.