News Zoku Owarimonogatari gets Anime Adaptation in 2018

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

It has been announced that NisiOisin's Zoku Owarimonogatari novel will get an anime adaptation in 2018.

Lowdown:

The novel series centers on Koyomi Araragi, a loner and failing student. One day, his classmate Hitagi Senjōgahara falls into his arms accidentally, and he discovers that Hitagi literally weighs nothing. According to her, she has had this problem since the first year of high school. After Koyomi helps out with her supernatural problem, Koyomi then meets other girls who are all troubled by some manner of supernatural "oddity."

Twitter status with teaser video: here

Source: ANN

#1 Kuze, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I still haven't got around to watching any of the series. The amount of content it has intimidates me.

3. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

If you're a little intimidated, I'd highly recommend giving Kizumonogatari a go first before you get into the main series. It's a three part film which acts as a prequel. It'll give you a pretty good idea of whether or not the Monogatari series is your kind of thing.

It's a seriously good show if you have the patience for it, so don't be put off.

4. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I'm actually quite sure that it's my kind of show. It's just that I would rather watch something with 10 - 26 episodes rather then something that has a huge number of seasons and movies.

When I do pick up this series I will likely start it in the order it was released.

My plan to watch list has 400+ series, so I would rather get the smaller series out of the way first.

5. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

That's awesome. Better this way than what happened with Attack On Titan. Though I still have two seasons and one movie left to watch before I can start this one. :coffee:

6. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The official website for the Monogatari franchise has announced that the anime adaptation will have theatrical event screenings this fall.

#6 Kuze, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  7. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Zoku Owarimonogatari will debut in Japan on November 10. The anime will screen in 30 theaters.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A trailer for the anime adaptation, previewing TrySail's ending theme song "azure", was streamed.

9. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A trailer for the anime previewing the opening theme song "07734", was streamed. The anime will screen in 30 theaters in Japan starting on November 10.

Video: Twitter Page

10. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Zoku Owarimonogatari Ending Theme Full -「Azure」by TrySail